Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Omega 3

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by terriBowl, Mar 17, 2012.

1. How have you guys been taking your omega 3? I read a few threads about it, and I've been inspired. It's been hilarious because i haven't drank seriously in forever, and I just got some REALLY dank shit compared to so much that goes around in my city, and the omega 3 is kicking in, so everything I've done has gotten me fuuuuucked up.

Anyways, I drink it with something, but it's disgusting because oil tastes garbage going down, but I want something simple and quick to take before bed. Suggestions?

2. Lol your probably high right now. But omega 3 doesnt "kick in" it takes a while for it to work. And I take omega 3, too but pills is the easiest way to take em

3. Omega 3 doesn't "kick in", while you should take them, there's so many misinformed people on these forums. Omega 3 doesn't make you any higher all by itself...it just helps keep your receptors healthy.

For most people - their receptors were already healthy, and this won't do much other than be beneficial to their overall health. That's not a bad thing, but everyone shouldn't expect to be able to take an Omega 3 before you get high.

Also, unless you've been taking Omega 3s every day for weeks, what you experienced was a placebo, Omega 3 does absolutely nothing taken right before smoking.

4. To everyone talking shit saying it takes weeks for omega 3 to have any improvement what so ever, no says I. I accidently took two 1500mg triple strength pills one day, then took two more the next day. The reason I took this much was because my dad takes two of these daily and I didn't realize how much fucking fish oil was actually in these bastards. I can honestly say within the 48 hours of taking them my highs were noticeably more intense and longer. The down side is that I got sick as shit for like 2 days after that. Vomited once and had massive shits. And constant gas and sick stomach. So now I only take 1 every other day.

5. No, what you experienced was placebo. Omega 3 does not work like that.

6. [quote name='"Jamiedm4"']To everyone talking shit saying it takes weeks for omega 3 to have any improvement what so ever, no says I. I accidently took two 1500mg triple strength pills one day, then took two more the next day. The reason I took this much was because my dad takes two of these daily and I didn't realize how much fucking fish oil was actually in these bastards. I can honestly say within the 48 hours of taking them my highs were noticeably more intense and longer. The down side is that I got sick as shit for like 2 days after that. Vomited once and had massive shits. And constant gas and sick stomach. So now I only take 1 every other day.[/quote]

This is a placebo...Omega 3's physically can't change your high in that short a period of time. That isn't how they work, and it literally isn't possible. Taking a ton of them doesn't work like that either.

7. ok. Go take that fucking much and tell me your results. You're just following along with the people that pretend to be doctors and say everything is placebo. Maybe you need to learn what a high really is man.

8. and fuck you too shit head. Sad to see true results being shot down. You aren't listening to what I'm saying, TRY IT, then come back and say it's not possible. I've been smoking every day for years and have tried many, many different ways of improving highs. I know what works and what doesn't. All I'm saying is you can't come on here and pretend you have a fucking medical degree from harvard and shoot someone down for something you haven't PERSONALLY tried.

9. [quote name='"Jamiedm4"']ok. Go take that fucking much and tell me your results. You're just following along with the people that pretend to be doctors and say everything is placebo. Maybe you need to learn what a high really is man.[/quote]

I know what a high is, and I've researched Omega 3, and take it twice a day myself. I know how it works, why it works. I'm not following anything. What you experienced WAS a placebo. You have 0 evidence to the contrary, and there is all the evidence in the world to prove that it wasn't possible to get you higher.

10. #11 GreenCrackYUM, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    If I went and took that much nothing would happen. I would not magically get higher because that IS NOT how Omega 3 works.

Whether you accept it or not, what you experienced was called a placebo effect. And that is really all there is to it.

I take and have been taking Omega 3 for nearly 2 months.

Regardless of how big of a fit you throw, you are still wrong.

11. Where the heck is Stromcrow at when you need her =). Omega 3 is the best dude. I feel much more postive then I did a month ago. I wish that she was here she knows better then me.

12. Maybe you need to relax, man.

13. lol @ "talking shit"

14. Symptoms of an Omega-3 Overdose

An omega-3 overdose is likely to cause any of the usual omega-3 side effects, but perhaps more severely. In particular, stomach upset can be expected. In serious cases, an overdose could increase the risk of bleeding, including dangerous internal bleeding, such as gastrointestinal bleeding or bleeding in the brain. Symptoms of such bleeding may include:

Easy bruising or bleeding

Black, tarry stools; bright red blood in the stool; or vomiting of blood (signs of gastrointestinal bleeding)

Signs of a hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain), such as vision or speech changes, weakness or numbness in an arm or leg, or a severe headache.

15. Follow package directions. Do not exceed 3 Grams per day.:)
    Please consult your physician if you experience unusual side effects.

16. I've been taking 1.5 grams of omega 3 per day for over 14 months and haven't really noticed that big a difference in my high. I actually take it for its nutritional value and only heard about this a couple months ago...I think it depends on the person

17. Unless you have the shittiest diet in the world you shouldn't notice much from taking Omega 3. Don't get me wrong, it's a great supplement but I think people have taken it too far.

18. That's why the Standard American Diet is SAD:(

19. It is, but they're right, people have taken this WAY too far. It's beneficial to our receptors, which is cool and a really fun fact, but they aren't super magic cannabis enhancers or anything like.