Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Omega 3, Pot, PTSD, Depression & Anxiety

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Storm Crow, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Here's an interesting excerpt:

Source: Maxalife | Omega 3 Fish Oil | Omega 3 Supplements | Omega 3 Benefits | Best Omega 3 | Omega 3

Omega 3 really is essential in brain development especially for kids. I also read an article which talks about omega 3 being helpful in children with ADHD.

2. excessive intake of Omega 3 also thins the blood, so keep that in mind.

3. A few more articles for you guys-

Oily fish makes 'babies brainier' (news - 2006) (hemp seed- at the end)
    [FONT=&quot]BBC NEWS | Health | Oily fish makes 'babies brainier'[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hemp Packs in Powerful Source of Preconception Nutrition (article - no date)
    Hemp Packs in Powerful Source of Preconception Nutrition | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Brains[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    http://www.fatsoflife.com/article.php?nid=1&edition=arch&id=212&issueid=36[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.schizophreniaforum.org/new/detail.asp?id=1646[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]infant brain-[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.fatsoflife.com/article.php?nid=1&edition=arch&id=395&issueid=50[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Wise up![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Wise+up+with+omega-3%3a+can+omega-3+benefit+brain+health%3f-a0213232330[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Omega-3 fatty acids increase brain volume: while reversing many aspects of neurologic aging. (full – 2010) http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Omega-3+fatty+acids+increase+brain+volume%3a+while+reversing+many...-a0237529250

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011) http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/ebm/record/21278728/abstract/Nutritional_omega_3_deficiency_abolishes_endocannabinoid_mediated_neuronal_functions_

Educate yourselves! :hello:

Granny :wave:

4. One good thing about hemp seeds as a source of Omega 3 over fish oil is the mercury buildup in fish due to pollution.

5. #25 tgjester, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    I actually figured out that omega 3 took away my depression/anxiety while I'm high or sober by accident because I read it can help with joint pains which it did. It may seem silly that fish oil caps can really put you in a good mood but it worked for me. It's at least worth a try, take them for at least a week before expecting to feel better.

6. oh the possibilities of Holy Cannabis Oil:)

7. Its no coincidence Hemp oil contains the essential fatty acids including Omega3s. Evolution has made one hell of a plant

8. Amen to the above!

9. Amen ^ ^...DD

10. Granny - do you know of any non-fish sources of Omega 3?

11. flax seed oil, its what ive been taking and ive definitely seen a difference.

12. #32 Mantikore, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    Yeah, I was out buying some Omega 3 the other day and saw that flax seed oil. Was thinking about it, but the ones there didn't have an Omega rating on the back. I couldn't find it on the supplement facts, just said "Omega 3" on the front.

So I bought this cold water salmon oil instead. Not that it really makes THAT much of a difference, just thought I was Joe Cool for buying it versus regular fish oil.

Edit: After doing a lil research, I think I am going to get both kinds of Omega 3's. Use fish oil and flax seed oil since they're kind of like different types of Omega 3 and have different benefits.

13. Krill Oil is also a very common source.

14. The main vegetarian sources are flax seed oil, hemp seed oil, and walnut oil. Spirulina and other algae also have Omega 3, if I remember right.

This has a lot of info in a reasonable easy to read chart-

Good Oils and Fatty Substances Good Oil Information

15. Wow...I have no excuse not to take my vitamins anymore. In fact, it almost seems self-destructive not to take them, after reading this!

I was wondering, though...when I can get it, I actually prefer hemp milk over normal milk, and wanted to know if it had omega-3's as well? Anybody know? That would be AWESOME, b/c hemp milk is crazy good.

Seriously guys, go get hemp milk and eat it with Raisin Bran. SOO awesome!!! :yummy:

16. I've been taking Omega 3 daily for 3-4 months now and I notice a difference. I can't explain it, I just feel more "crisp" if that makes sense

17. So, loosely taking what I got from the read, one could theoretically completely eliminate the anxiety and paranoia that occurs with marijuana by boosting their omega-3 intake? Just like the mice, I develop extreme social anxiety while high and I sure hope that omega-3 can work to eliminate my anxiety synergy with weed so it can be used to cure social anxiety for me, not cause it.

Another interesting fact that I got from the articles posted was that apparently endocannabinoids dull bad memories and leave you saner. I swear I almost literally felt this happening while medicated yesterday. It was as if my mind just recycled the bad thoughts that keep floating around in my head and/or analyzed the problem from a higher (pun?) perspective, afterwards completely dismissing it.

18. Nice work Granny! Now can I get a refill for a lifetime instead of a few months :wave:

19. I have been on a regimen lately that includes Omega 3, a B-Complex and zinc. Plus I smoke weed everyday. My question is why is my memory not improving? , I've been taking Omega 3 for about three months now.

20. Awesome job! I love reading everything you write! Keep the info coming. ALL of us blades appreciate you! Thank you!