Omar Khadr - Civilians fighting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xraygord, Nov 27, 2010.

1. The U.S. prosecuted Omar Khadr because he was civilian that became involved in a war.

If an old French civilian came forward and admitted to killing a Nazi or two during the occupation, do you think he would be prosecuted?

If the U.S. was attacked, and a U.S. civilian killed an invader, do you think that the U.S. civilian would be prosecuted?

2. Four hour fire fight? He is lucky he was captured rather than killed.

Only the losers get charged for anything when it comes to war. Thats a pretty well known fact .... we have been wise to this for decades now. Moral to the story. If you plan to fight .... don't lose.

3. You forgot to mention he is a Canadian who was sent to Afghanistan and was trained to kill coalition soldiers.

4. He was a 15 year old boy sent to his ancestral homeland and indoctrinated by religious radicals.

5. Two ways to say the same thing. Who knew :)

6. An old French civilian wouldn't be brainwashed with religious insanity and sent to a war zone to kill coalition soldiers, let alone a 15 year-old Frenchman.

7. Yes, but the reason Khadr was prosecuted was because he was a civilian that killed a soldier while on duty. That is the official reasoning.

So someone who kills beacuse of radicalism we prosecute, but someone who kills that is perfectly sane we don't.

Well sorry that's not how it works, our prisons are filled with murderers who ar sane and not radicalized.

8. No the prisons are mainly full of non-violent offenders

9. Oh really?

10. Show me some examples

11. The American Gulag

12. #12 xraygord, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010

Why do you need examples? lol I live in Manitoba, every murder that has been committed here in the past twelve years was not done by anyone with radicalized jihadist training. :rolleyes:

Are you saying otherwise?

Why do you have trouble answering my original question? Instead of being a troll and skirting around the subject by using inflaming language, just answer, yes or no. Are you capable of that?

Do you think the USA would prosecute one of its own citizens for killing a soldier of an invading army? The USA says that this is a crime.

13. troof

14. Khadr was prosecuted because he attempted to kill a coalition soldier. Citizen or not, he deserves punishment.

I don't know if the USA prosecute one of its own citizens for killing a soldier of an invading army. it hasn't happened before.

15. civilians cant fight, but they can get blown up....pretty lame tip of that scale right there

16. Basically, a civilian is anyone lacking a license to kill?

17. Omar was shot in the back two or three times while he was cowering beside a cement wall with his back to the fight according to the marine who shot him, he thought he was dead, but when he lifted his head to look in his eyes he was still alive so they brought him in and charged him with whatever crime that they wanted.

The initial testimony does not support that Omar threw the grenade that killed the medic. Which is what they charged him for.

And at any rate, at what point does a civilian in a guerrilla war become a soldier? Does Iraq have a government that can enlist soldiers? No. So every one that they fight is technically a civilian, because they have not joined a government sanctioned war.

It's funny because the American war of independence was fought and won because the American army of the day disobeyed the laws of war at the time.

People fighting for liberation and freedom rarely give a fuck what the laws are that are going to cause them to loose the war. All they care about is upholding the values that they are fighting for, and winning.

18. I disagree that he should be punished. A soldier is a soldier. He was fighting for a cause that he believed in. What he did wasn't nearly as bad as invading Iraq. but yet that happened.

The people that perpetrated this crime on my fellow Canadian citizen will pay for what they did one day.

19. also how does 15 yr old civilian get deprived of his rights for over 5 years and put in the most brutal of detainment camps (for the worst of the worst).

It shows what type of criteria is needed to put people in Guantanamo bay.

-Was he in the wrong place at the wrong time. *Check*
    -Is shooting him in the back illegal as excessive use of force. *Check*

alright haul him in boys and put him in isolation with the worst that we can find. We can set up a kangaroo court to try him with whatever we want.