Oliver Stone's 'World Trade Center'

Discussion in 'General' started by chronictoker, Jul 24, 2006.

1. It should be damn good I think. Anyways I have to go see it. What about ya'll. Comes out Aug 9th I think.

2. this movie is coming out to shut americans up about what really happend that day

at least i think so

3. lol yeaaah...I don't think so. Anyways I don't really care too much I just like watching good movies and this movie's gonna be good. I want to see the tragedy from the view of the people involved.

4. Have you ever considered that people don't want to know about that conspiracy bullshit...I think most Americans could give two shits.

5. oh boy. more people making profits off of the misery of others....

6. yeah. what is capitalism, alec. ding ding ding.

7. C'mon. Too soon? I know you guys saw 'Saving Private Ryan' and other movies of that nature. Meh.

8. yup its like george carlin said, if america made an all suicide network, it'd be the number one most watched channel in america

9. I think it's absolutley horrible.

I think it's reinforcing the on-going american war-mongering. It's a reinforcement of the dramatization of the planned and self-perpetrated terrorism.

For people to discount entirley those "conspiracy" theories (the word has been horrible managled in our society), are incredibly naive because a vast amount of unanswered questions exist. Not to mention a long-stand american tradition of self-inflicted wounds to perpetrated war. (Pearl Harbor, Bay of Tonkin and the tragic USS Liberty incident, not to mention the infamous Operation Northwoods)

The entire War on Terrorism is a sham. Hell, Tony Blair doesn't event want the London Bombing investigation because it would costs the tax-payers money! And scince MI-6 made it blazingly obvious who perpetrated it, why bother... right?

There is a massive amount of evidence from the WTC themselves. I've linked several articles, movies and documentaries over the last couple months. There was one specifically by a physics professors about how they used Thermite charges to ensure the towers would fall. In fact, there is actual footage of police officers talking about hearing demo-charges right before the towers fell, but... you know for sure that won't be in the movie.

The oddest thing I find, is there evil terrorists, Bin Laden, a former CIA operative, who for a long time, pereptrated actions in the Middle East at the whim of the CIA (this is a well known fact and is not 'conspiracy'), only ever pereptrate these attacks at the moments when it will maximize benefit to the Blair and Bush administrations. Alowing them to gain HUGE amounts of demostic control, allowing them to break hundreds upons hundreds of legislative laws, allowing them to eviscerate human and constitutional rights, allowing these governments to pereptrate demostics spyings, comparible to that of Soviet Russia and the KGB.

They're now allowed to torture and mutliate prisoners in Gitmo, without those pesky human-rights correspondents.

They have their perpetual war, supporting the two largest financers of the american government: oil and weapons contractors.

This is a war not meant to end. The war will only get worse and more involved, because it's supposed to.

To those who will argue Afghanistan and Iraq have nothing to do with eachother REALLY need to read up on both of these war-zones, and understand the connections.

When it comes down to it: what happened on September 11th was terrible. Thousands of innocent people died in vain. I don't think they would like their deaths to be the the fuse to the death of thousands of more, innocent people... or "collateral damage" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I hope those people can find solice in the fact that somebody is trying to seek the absolute truth of their deaths. Not just what the government expects us to obediently believe.

I really don't expect those movie to reinforce the fact that terrorists brough it down. Oliver Stone is a great director and I think he will leave that aspect of the actual mechanics to speculations. I wouldn't expect there to be anything decisive.

I think this is more of a patriotic heart-string plucker which will focus on the people and the aftermath of the tragedy; despite who you think perpetrated it.

10. I don't deny it. But I'm sure If you guys don't see it you're going to be hearing about anyways. From your parents or your coworkers or whoever but people with flock to it. And I want to see why.

11. I agree R_M. It is terrible. What happened that day was terrible as well. War is terror is terrible. Terrorism is terrible. The world thrives on terror and war. I honestly don't know if humans are capable of living in peace, at least it's hard to imagine it. I think that people should strive to find truth. I do. I also think that most people don't want to know the truth. Bliss is ignorance or ignorance is bliss, for most people I think.

12. I know it was a disaster, I know thousands were killed...but, I just don't care anymore. After hearing about the middle east, Bin Laden, bombings in Iraq everyday for the last five years, I've just lost all interest. I don't care.

I think it would be news if a day didn't go by were there wasn't a bombing in Iraq. Seriously, everytime I go to Yahoo, the first thing listed as news is "Another 25 killed in Iraq Bombings." Of course they were! It happens everyday!

13. Oliver Stone's movies are not factual and I think dangerous, to a degree, in that young people see them and think they're factual historical accounts. For example, in his "JFK" he shows a FBI agent going into the morgue and squeezzing Oswald's dead hands on the rifle to put his fingerprints on it. That never happened. In "Nixon", he has Nixon walking around drinking a glass of gin. The fact is Nixon was a Quaker and adament non-drinker. So maybe the movie will be entertaining but don't believe what it shows as fact.

14. exactly! It's entertainment! It has all the makings of a good movie and that's why I wish to see it. What can I say, I'm a movie buff and critic (for my own pleasure). I don't think this movie is necessarily a good thing. People will see it, though.

edit: sorry If I said something wrong, sometimes I can get carried away...

15. Im not going to watch it its sad they are trying to make money off of something so horriable that was only a few years ago

i frown on any one who pays people to make money on some ones death:mad:

16. Then be prepared to look in the mirror with that silly frown on your face. Turn that frown upside down:). Smiles are easier, they take fewer muscles to do, and they release endorphins I think. SO smiling can actually make you happy. :) :) :)