OldPork's Quest for Glory 2012

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by OldPork, May 1, 2012.

1. :wave: happy 4/20 vibes out to you n yours oldp :smoke:

green days ahead brotha :D:smoking::smoking:

krypto, got any recommendations for a indica dom auto or sat. dom?

i got a get a few strains going...:D

2. tyvm sir..... I did indeed see that grow from seymour. no friggin joke right there I tell ya...... well, we have a couple guerrillas in here that are going to put that Think Different to the hostile outdoor test..:hello:

wish I could say that I am a stranger to the dreaded "M", but alas, I'm as veteran as they come in that department. Lost a lot of ridiculously high grandeur bud last year to it.

happy 420 pville!!

dd

3. Well I decided to dive in and get busy today and installed a new floor in my ganja cage...it's just cheap material like pegboard and I cover it with plastic. I figure it's best to replace each year anyway. Then I went ahead and transplanted a dozen plants into gallon pots where they will remain in the ganga cage for a few weeks till they outgrow it and then into mother earth with them. These are all OG Kush strains, Like Buddha Tahoe, OG#18, Larry OG, Original Sour Diesel. They are in a soil mix of:
    1 Gallon Promix BX
    2 Tablespoons - Bone Meal
    1 Tablespoons - Blood Meal
    2 Tablespoons - Dolomitic Lime
    20% of soil mix - Worm Castings
    A teaspoon of epsom salts

These girls are now gonna have to make it on there own, although they are inside tonight we have a possible frost. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics, its all I had handy.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. awesome man love the pics. our grows are so similar because we both go organic. plus our soils are almost the exact same. I also use pro-mix bx with chunky perlite, garden lime, azomite, Epsom salts, worm castings, greensand, rock phosphate, bone meal, blood meal, high n guano, high p guano, and rose-tone. all I need to add is humic acid. plants are not currently in the super soil though. will be once they go outdoors. right now only in pro-mix bx, perlite, lime, azomite and a small bit of bone, blood, and Epsom salts. goodluck man really looking forward to your grow as usual :)

5. #3085 OldPork, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    That soil mix is simple and effective. I usually add a little perlite as well but there seemed to be plenty already in this batch of Pro-Mix. I think Pro-mix is already buffered with lime, but I add some anyway. As far as the guano, I use it later in the season as a top dressing, in fact it's their primary food through the season. It got down to 35 degrees last night so I brought them in but they'll be back out by 10am today, basking in the sun. I don't like to leave them out if the temps fall below 40. I did horrendously with my sprout rate this year (what else is new) but the ones that I have are the ones I want.;) Guess ya gotta pay to play. I'll grab some better pics today with a real camera.
    Oh one other thing I wanted to mention regarding transplanting from solo cups. First let them dry out a little before transplanting, and then use a small scissors to make two small 1/2 inch vertical cuts on opposite sides on the rim of the cup and then carefully split the cup down both sides, all the way to the bottom. The plant comes out much easier:) They don't even know they've been transplanted.

6. Good morning OP , London calling .... Well not really but I'm sure you catch my drift , spring sprung in blights and all my fellow British blades are most up and running, as I may of said, this is my inaugural GG , so I'm finding all this kinda exciting..... As opposed to closed environments, which I do adore but I'm about this today!!!!
    Glad to see all rolling smooth in porksville , seems strange you have issues germinating , but.... I've seen your grows its not many people who can pull trees
    Of bionic like you do....... So as for me first wave of autos are out mostly dinafem ww, some medicann fromage kush (sounds nice!!)a few sweet seeds auto Carmel ......... Followed by some purple maroc which is old reliable for uk.... Big breath, today I'm popping exodus cheese ,northern lights a pack of bc bud bc kush( which is sooooooooooo nice) and the seeds I got at 420 promo, so some random dankness...... So from here to eternity or October as its known... Fingers crossed for a mid season ww auto bounty. Sorry to ramble but, peace out........

7. well don't go feeling too bad OP... I'm pretty sure that up until now I was sitting on a 100% rate (or 99.99999% at least), and I'm getting beat the fuck up so far, and no clue why. What's funny is that I just never factored it in as a potential issue to plan for so I scrambling a bit on a plan B..... but, that's guerrilla for you, we're not guaranteed a damn thing, just take it as it comes.

nice pics bro!!!

-dd

8. Good luck to you sir, it seems you have caught the GC fever. Stellar lineup and very cool you are doing autos...there are advantages on several fronts...three I can think of: 1. Early harvest 2. You are under the radar because DEA isn't looking in July. 3. I forget.

I'll grab some better pics this afternoon. I have them sitting in full sun on the deck today and they are loving it. The trainwreck that just popped is a bit mutated with only one cotyledon, but it's gonna make it. Got the HSO Pineapple Skunk and Kush coming too, but the two WW never popped. So I am soaking 6 more seeds as we speak...3 remaining WW and 3 C99 x Romulan. I ordered enough seeds to overcome my 50% germ rate this year...:D But I definitely don't like paying that much for gear that wont pop.

9. hey old pork, your grow is the tits man! glad your getting a good start to the season, as i type this its 28f outside and theres frozen water falling from the sky. wish me luck on a late start brother, id wish you luck but you dont seem to need it :devious:

10. Man, I couldn't have guessed in a million years that I would be dropping more beans, but I too am doing the same OP. Seems a bit more than odd to me to be honest. I even broke out the cloner in the event that even my plan B fails. And that folks, is a primary benefit to starting early - shit hits the fan, start grabbin' clones.

I'm same with you regarding ordering enough to cover a bad batch. But I too REALLY don't like the idea of 50% of the beans I pay for not popping. I'll hold my breath for the time being, but... I'm running a decent amount of gear from one particular breeder, and not a single one of their beans has popped. That will result in an unhappy DurteeDurtee.... and when DurteeDurtee starts speaking in third person, it's never pretty.

lol, my Hawaiian Snow looks great..... well, if you like a 3/4 inch taproot shooting straight for the sky.... lol upside down dummy.... maybe that's her way of saying to me; hey, you're the dummy trying to grow a HS in fucking new england....:wave:

11. Hiya Jonny. Believe me everyone needs luck when it come to a guerrilla grow. You can never think of everything and it is a constant battle keeping your plants safe and healthy. Good luck bro, things will warm up before you know it, so enjoy the down time. That frozen water falling from the sky makes for good plants, because everything is everything and it's all one.;) Thanks for popping in

12. #3092 OldPork, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
    Hey DD are you germing in paper towels? My guess is yes if you can see a tap root. Get that HS in some soil bro! I soak for a 1/2 day and then plant in soil, so I never really see the taproot. Are you saying that the gear from the "particular breeder" never even showed a taproot? I'd love to know.
    Yep, it's sure tough going getting those sprouts this year, I guess the secret is to buy enough and keep popping till you get what you need. So if we're getting 50% germ rates, we just need to buy twice the seed. Even though the germ rates may suck, I know these breeders and their genetics, and if you can get a plant going it's gonna be a surefire winner. Don't lose hope bro just keep poppin. I already have the seedlings I need for a good grow, but I'm gonna try some new techniques this year and I'm bound to lose some due to experimentation and weather and varmint and things that lurk in the dark. So I need some extra plants as backup. It is what it is bro, cant change that. Keep poppin

13. That's the funny part bro. It was in the dirt already. Her taproot came up thinking it was going to deliver some cotyledons or some shit. Never saw that before :D. If I get 0% germ out of that breeder, I'll be sure to discourage all others from wasting their hard earned money on that particular 'Seed Organisation' ;) . Oh well, no time to worry about it now. There's plenty o' work to be done.

OP, I think I was just about 2 weeks behind you on moving things out to the canna-castle. Looking like I'm right on track with last year. The only difference is that last year I actually had beans which would germinate.:eek:

14. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, not hso? I laugh not at you but at your clue. Best of luck

15. Ive actually gotten 2 for 3 out of the HSO freebies. Got the Pineapple Skunk and the Kush seed to work but the Blue Dream never popped.:mad: That was the one I was most excited about. I'm 0 for 2 on the GHS WW and I am in the process of popping the remaining 3. I've only gotten 50% of my Cali Connection gear to work, but that equates to a dozen or so plants, so I'm OK there. The plants I do have are drinking up sun and doing well, sorry no pics last night I'll get some today for sure!

16. I actually ordered more of their stuff, on top of the freebies. So far, one taproot (they've had more than ample time to pop). Oh well. All part of the process.

Maybe I'll just do a seed run this year.

17. As promised a view from Porksville...
    enjoy~

Attached Files:

18. uno mas!
    Sunshine on my reefer makes me happy

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Holy bong loads of bodacious buds porkman. I think that's gonna just about do the trick for ya..../:-0

20. #3100 OldPork, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    Why..it's..P-P-P-PORKALICIOUS!