Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Older Stoner Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Murdoc101, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Any other young blades love smoking with people older than them?

I love it, they always have the best stories, and the best bud :D

I used to work with a woman in her 60s (I'm almost 20, this was 3 or 4 years ago.) Me and a buddy used to go over to her house and smoke with her. She was a great person, and we would just get baked and listen to her stories from the 60s, she was a full on hippy. One time she even gave us a tin full of roaches too.

Any other young blades appreciate the wisdom of older stoners? Any good stories?

Oh, and thank you to the older generations of smokers. Without you marijuana would still just be a drug, and not something with such a great culture.

2. I smoked with some cool older people at Summer Meltdown, in darrington washington. It is the most chill festival. I smoked with this old hippy women and later found out that she had blown the last pipe I owned. Sadly this piece broke a short while before the festival because it would have been really cool to toke with the chick who blew my piece.

3. i love tokin with my friends parents. they're really the only older stoners i blaze with on a regular basis. and they always have such a sophisticated appreciation for the bud.

i used to smoke with this girl that i met when she was in 8th grade & i was in 10th or 11th, we were both on the track team & i'd see her in the training room every once in a while & she pretty much idolized me- i mean, i am a pretty awesome roll model to young girls in my town, not to brag, but i dont do the dumb shit a lot of other girls from my neck of the woods do - when she graduated & i was in college, we met up & started hanging out legitimately, and the first time i ever met her dad his girlfriend was rolling an entire tray of J's. like, one of those old round bar trays that are like an inch or so deep ... and there was just a pile of weed & she was rolling joint after joint after joint & my eyes wanted to pop out of my head, but i was trying to act cool, in case they offered to smoke us up.

every time i went down there after that, we'd smoke with her dad, his gf & usually one or two of his friends. not only did i get a crash course in smoking ettiquette, terminology and proper proceedures for things like avoiding getting caught & how to store bud so it doesnt dry out, but i heard some great stories from 'back in the day' & i saw proof that stoners can be productive, contributing members of society.

another friend's mom always walks in the room with sparked doobie in hand & passes it to the first person that looks her way. i kind of love her for that haha. a couple months ago, she found a little mini acrylic bong from back in the 70's and passed it down to my friend.

my aunt keeps trying to get me over to her place to "fix her computer" ... i think i need to quit being a tool & find out what kinda danks auntie's smokin these days :)

4. One day, hopefully!

5. i'm always the oldest now :/
    but when i started i remember going over the neighbors house, she was probably in her 30's, and smoking a joint. it was my bff's first time (we were 14) and i finally peer pressured her into hitting it! it was fun...of course i had lied to my mom about where i was and couldn't go home...we walked around for freakin hours.
    and halloween 2007 i wound up smoking with my boyfriend's dad AND stepmom! lol i think he was sleeping even...it was weird i didn't even know they smoked. go figure.

6. Cool stories guys, keep them coming.

Yeah, I smoked a bit with the middle aged couple camping next to me at rothbury. Real cool people, had two small children with them. It is strange as fuck to talk to small children when you are tripping.

7. Well I gotta say, god bless all the tokers young and old.
    I'm right in the middle (45), sparkin for 25 years. I have one stoner friend in particular who is my dad's age (69) and I love getting high with him. He's very nonchalant about it, he'll spark right up on the street or in the car with barely a look around (well, he does live in Berkeley). We have long discussions about the psychological and spiritual aspects of toking.
    Once we were in line for a movie in SF's financial district, and he just sparks up--when I kinda tried to usher him into a doorway to be semi-discreet, he looked down his nose at me and said "sonny boy, I've been smoking dope longer than you've been alive. Watch and learn."
    I just loved getting a heapin helpin of attitude like that, couldn't stop laughing (of course, I was stoned at the time). Gives me something to look forward to when I'm pushing 70 myself. He just does whatever the fuck he pleases, like what's anybody going to say to a rather elegant elderly man with a thick head of steel-gray hair dressed in black, carrying a medical cannabis card at all times? They can kiss his elderly stoned ass, is what they can do.
    I've had plenty of business trips with younger people from work... there's always some poor kid right out of school who has to be the gofer, and I'm one of the boss dudes. I do enjoy the look on their faces when I look at my watch around 7 pm or after dinner, casually announce that it's 4:20 on my clock so it's time to spark one, and produce some herb. Yes, I share!
    One last story: I'm on a business trip to a client in New Jersey with about 4 other guys. It's the night before the big presentation and we're in a hotel room putting the big stacks of handouts and shit together, ordered some room service, talking about the meeting set-up for the next morning. It's getting late, so I casually pull out my one-hitter and spark it while talking strategy. This one guy stares at me open-mouthed, then says "Airfare from SF to Newark: $800. Four hotel rooms: $380 apiece. Getting baked with your boss the night before the big meeting: priceless." Course I sparked him up in a hurry. Think he got a raise, too.
    Aah, it's good to be an aging, successful pothead!

8. dude why cant i find bosses like that?? ha ha i've been that supervisor or manager that lets people go outside to take 'smoke' breaks & i've even gotten some trainees lifted on occasion, but im only 22, so they're usually between 16 and my age lol

9. nakedBud,

How do you travel with it? I fly for work and would love to have some on those trips, but I don't want to take it with me. I've had some FedEx'd to me during longer trips, but that can get expensive.

- DH

10. I love blazing with older people, especially friend's parents and shit. They always got some bomb bud and are chill as fuck. I hope to be reppin the old stoner crew one day too.

11. My grandpa is an old hippy, I rarely see him, but when I do he always has awesome bud

12. The older heads are always the best. I have a couple that live a few blocks down. Two brothers.

Have to be the nicest people I know. I'll blaze them up for a week or so and i'll get two weeks of "Hey you want to smoke a doobie?"

Trustworthy as hell and good judges of charecter. I've left soo many ounces over there and nothings ever gone missing except for dime bag that was mis-identified and shortly there-after, replaced.

13. I used to fly with weed all the time, but since 9-11 I'm too paranoid about sniff dogs (although I've read that they're trained for either drugs or explosives, not both--and these days they're looking for explosives) Back in the day, I'd simply wad up a couple nugs in several layers of saran wrap, wrap that in heavy clear packing tape, and stick it in my front jeans pocket. It would be about the size of two fingers, wouldn't make a bulge, and I'd make sure to have no metal on me so no reason to get "wanded" or searched. And if I did feel nervous or see a sniff dog, I could pre-emptively trash the weed. Never stuck it in my baggage or carry-on.

If I was feelin fancy, i'd make my saran-and-tape wad, rub Old Spice deodorant all over it, and tuck it inside my tightie whiteys under my balls. Probably not necessary but made me feel like a drug runner.

Imagine my surprise on more than one occasion to arrive at my destination to discover the remnants of a baggie of weed I had left in my backpack, and carried right onto a plane without even realizing it. Once, to London! Stupid to travel international with weed--but it was SO sweet once I realized I had it.

I think if you're taking a really small amount (like a bud smaller than your thumb), just wrap it and stick it in your pocket. Make sure you have no change or keys or phone in any of your pockets so you won't have to empty them, and you're probably cool. Good luck!

your bud,
    nakedbud

14. Being an old hippie stoner myself I must say it's quite refreshing toking up with the younger generation every know and then. Both groups alike can learn alot of things blazing together and usually theres always some hilarious stories being told.:smoking:

15. haha well. i smoke with my buddy eric and his dad is about 60 and i smoke with him sometimes... of course he doesnt smoke that much weed and when i let him hit a blunt of maui waui a while back he was GREENING OUT while his wife (doesnt smoke weed)is sleeping... persoanlly i've smoked with lots of older stoners, but i think its a fact that they just like JOINTS ALOT more on average than anything else.....alot of older people wont smoke with any1 younger because theyre smoking plastic bongs and shit.... just my 99 cents tho.................

16. yeah it sick to blaze with the older generation, u can learn some ol' school shit......my other friends dad showed me how to smoke a joint with water in my hand , works like a bong but u gotta spit out the water after LOL (its weak but funny)... just some old school funny shit :p

Peace!

17. Ive smoked with a guy about 50 or so who told me a story about a time he smoked with Bob Marley in a hotel room, he said they bought a couple ounces and everyone just grabbed how much weed they wanted and started rolling up some joints. He said after everyone was real nice and high they just started talking and doing other stuff and Bob Marley was the only one still smoking, he wasn't talking to anyone or anything just smoking, probably wasn't even high yet.

18. #18 dkflwr, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009

It may be taboo to bump old threads (I'm still learning the ettiquite here-sorry if it offends!), but this post is so bonus, I had to comment on it. Nakedbud, I salute you.

My favorite thing to do with younger friends is smoke and start talking about music. If they're real lovers of music, that is. I get to introduce them to stuff I've loved for years and they've never heard of, and I get to learn about new music I might not have ever known because I'm kind of "out of the loop" and get set in my ways.

It's so much fun to trade songs back and forth, each of us saying from time to time, "You've never heard of ***? What? Oh dude, you've got to listen to this . . ."

Plus, I cook for a living and have for 20 years or so. So I'm pretty good at it, I guess, and usually have good groceries in the house, but it's more fun to cook when there are others to eat it. A lot of times my younger friends are in school, or just getting started in life, or far from home, and most of their meals are takeout or more scarce than they'd like. It's fun to get 'em stoned and feed 'em.

I like to think of myself as a rockin' big sister for them (but I find I learn as much from some as they do from me. Just from a different perspective). I like that I can be someone they can talk to about real shit, who won't lecture or come down on them for smoking (obviously), but who may have some wisdom to share, just by virtue of having been clinging to this spinning rock longer than they have, and might've seen some things they're going through or thinking about because of that.

I will say, though, that I'd never offer weed to anyone younger than 21. If they're smoking already, and they pass to me, I'd partake, but I wouldn't offer it to 'em. I just feel like, some people can't really do weed or any drugs in a non-compulsive way, and younger folks may still be working out whether they're one of those people. I wouldn't want to influence someone into something that for them, by nature of their brain chemistry, isn't good. And most folk's brains are still developing until they're in their twenties.

19. Hmm......I exclusively use a vape now. Actually, I have 5 different ones and I'd bet that I'm the oldest stoner on this board. :D

20. I love smoking wit my neighbor whose been smoking since 1970 hes always got some good mids and a nice acryllic bong used to have a big bong but it broke but dat acryllic is straight :d