Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Older smokers? How to find someone local

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jenniferab, May 13, 2016.

1. I am not asking for a hook up, but was wondering how older smokers, 30s and 40s, go about finding a new hookup. I'm too old to be going to college campuses and hanging out in a bar all day. Had two go to guys and both are off the map and friends don't smoke. Any ideas?

2. When I moved back to my hometown and was fixing up a house I bought, I went down to the park where folks buy weed and asked some dude. He brought me over to a car and the dude in the car said "no, you look like a cop". So ya, that was my first intro into being 30 and trying to buy weed.

Tactfully, and quietly, ask someone at your local head shop.

3. ...now I'm 40 and grow my own so, problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grow your own, it will be significantly better than the stuff you find on the streets if you grow it properly

5. Chances are you know plenty of people who smoke...they just aren't as vocal about it as young kids...

I'm 47...most of the people I work with are my age, and they pretty much all smoke...in fact, most of the people I know in life smoke...they just don't flaunt it...much like I don't outside of GC...

IDK...unless you are somewhere really conservative, chances are you know plenty of people who smoke...you just don't know that they do...do some gentle exploring...

Around me, a higher percentage of middle aged people smoke than younger people...these people are established in their lives and can actually afford a luxury like MJ...

Of course...I'm in Canada...the land where mandatory employment drug testing is still an invasion of privacy except in certain "dangerous" jobs, so...:confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I thought about that but have always heard never to ask the people working at a head shop. I'm willing to grow, just have to find some first. It's the only thing that helps with my PTSD and thought I had bases covered by having two go to's.

7. If you can possibly grow then do that. It's an interesting and rewarding hobby. In the meantime make better friends. I don't think I could be good friends with someone that couldn't know I smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NORML meetings.
    Petition drives.
    Advocacy meetings.
    Casual conversations towards existing laws/conditions.
    A good sniffer.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  9. I was wondering about the NORML meetings. Our local chapter seems like a pretty tight knit group but I guess the worse that can happen is they say no right? They only meet once a month though. Thanks for the info.

10. You know those chicks that have long black hair, juicy physiques, jaded expressions, and usually reek of patchouli? Yeah. Make friends with those girls.

11. Take it slow and develop friendships. Eventually someone will ask.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wait, are we talking about getting it on or scoring some grass ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks to everyone who replies, I'll keep it all in mind

14. I'm in my 30s, one word: concerts

Follow your nose, make friends and great success

• Like Like x 1
  15. Canada rocks ATM, dispensaries are opening everywhere and you can safely mail order from out of province..
    Got this bad boy today and loving it.

I'm not a nationalist/patriot/whatever, but I'm glad 3000 years of civalized use out ranked nearly 100 years of prohibitions from industry (not science). \m/_

Attached Files: