Old Stoner, New Life

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gwick, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Hello All,
    Well I am an old stoner from back in the Eighties. ;) Although I have pretty much stopped toking due to the risk of losing the job I have been at for almost 20 years. Maybe once or twice a year would I get a buzz. I recently found an old High Times magazine in a box of stuff, and it reminded me of my grows back in the good old days. I dug through a bunch of old photos, hoping I still had the pics, but no luck. Since I was divorced a couple years ago, and have a 4 bedroom home to myself, I thought it would be cool to start a grow again. I found this site, and have been doing hours of reading. WOW. If only we had internet back then. My first grow bag seed, as that is all there was then. It was sprouted in dampened paper towel as recommended by someone??? After sprouting I used an incandescent grow light (flood). I had to move it up the wall as it grew. I did top it after a few fan leaves. The problem was that I kept the light up too high and the darn thing was 3 feet high after only a few weeks, with very little foilage. It ended getting cut down shortly after due to the risk of my landlord finding it. It was smoked. I am sure I got a buzz.......:rolleyes:
    I did a couple of small grows after that, but never got that big.
    Then came the woman, marriage, kids, the job and all that crap. You know...responsibility.

After spending hours in here reading the posts, mostly the new growers area, I realized how clueless I was. I knew how to germinate and top, but had no idea how to light, sexing, or induce flowering. Well I am going to start setting up my own indoor grow again armed with all the knowledge that I have found in here. Thanks for the forum.

2. Good luck with the grow and welcome to GC

3. welcome to the site man, i know nothing about growing but then again i still live in the dorms in college...but...i wish you the best of luck. any ideas for your set up? how hard is it to honestly grow and how much time and effort needs to be dedicated to growing?