Old seeds question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sir_sparka_bowl, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Ma dawgs heres the deal. I got like 300 seeds from some 2010 mids and since my blue dream seed decided to be a little slut and not germinate im thinking about trying it with these bitches right here. Would it be worth trying or would these bitches just be dead as fuck?

2. They should be fine. 

3. Pretty sure they would hermie.

4. Roll the die

5. 2010?  No problem. 

Earlier this year I germed some seeds that were purchased in 2009.

6. Why is that? I think ill still grow them anyway and if they do hermie ill keep the plant so i can get mad seeds from it and maybe a little bud even tho it would be some shit ass weed lol.

7. Earlier this year I germed some seeds that were purchased in 2009.[/quote]

Did you have any success growing them?

8. Of course I could be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that most of the time seeds you find in bags are hermie seeds, and growing out a hermie seed inevitably gives you nothing. It could be because it was pollinated though, in which case you might have some solid seeds, but I'm certain that buying a few seeds and growing a male out for seeds will be way more worth while than growing out hermie plants

9. Im sure guey were pollinated. Them cash grab growers arent weeding males and selecting females. Maybe sow 10 and see if and of your females stay true.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    They
    Any

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I found a seed in a bag of strawberry cheesecake , it germd grew fine looked fem , and I got 5 more seeds 3 of wich are fem and flowering as we speak. Iall post results in about a month.

11. I'm no expert on growing but the buds produce where a pleasant smoke got me stoned as any other bud