Old school grow advice "member cheap old basterd club"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SG1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Bnw thanks for the reply, its an inside home. One plant but i have more seeds if this one fails. I didnt wanna waste all 5 not really knowing wth im doing. No tent figured if i used a light amd kept it inside i could do it on the pretty cheap. Organic MG soil no nuts so far just distilled water. Never arrempted before. If i can get this one to work ill order more seeds and maybe move to larger space. Worry right now is height of stem and will it break. Bout 3 1/2 tall right now. Feeding is also a concern. Trimming top, when where? Im an empty head

Attached Files:

3. It's taller then I'd like but it is what it is. Do better next time.
    [​IMG]
    I work in much smaller pots. 3x3x3 inch are my starters. Square pots promote better root branching and make better use of available space.

A loose fluffy soil helps roots spread fast as well as drying fast so the plant isn't waterlogged and it also let you fertilize frequently. Fox Farm Ocean Forest is what I went back to as it's cheap enough, grows fast and it's easy to find.

Lights are 4 foot long T5 High output 6500K daylight color and I keep them point blank close. I have to raise them a link a day or the plants will grow into the lamps and get toasted.

[​IMG]
    Current set of seedlings.
    Using Miracle grow plant food. Hose water.

[​IMG]

I'd likely start 2 fresh seeds in very small cups. Only fill the cups 1/3 full when you plant the seeds as they always stretch a couple of inches and the easy fix when tiny is to add more soil to the cup. It's a trick you only learn with time and experience it seems.

[​IMG]

When I do finally transplant the plant is very large and no soil is lost and no shock occurs.
    I'd consider transplanting your existing plant as it's not happy.

BNW

4. If you plan on completing the grow inside have you light sealed where you plan on flowering the plant ?
    it'll need total blackout conditions during it's "Night" with no stray lights or interruptions.

Are you in a legal state where you can grow outside this summer ?

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. I do have an area scoped out for total dark when the time comes. Legal state. Lol

6. Can i dig it out and replant it deeper so the exposed stem wong be so long or just continue from here?

7. Either would do. If you transplant just be gentle and I'd use a pan or bucket of water and very slowly wash it free of the soil and replant. It's still young and small enough to transplant with no real issues.

BNW

8. Foxtails

9. Hi,

I am a new grower. I have only completed one successful grow and am going for a bigger grow with better equipment this time around. I have a 3 x 3 x 6 grow tent and have been shopping for a good grow light for it. This one was recommended to me but I would like to get some feedback by people who know since there are so many lights to choose from with tiny variations that make a big difference.

10. Hey dude, very VERY nice! Have you ever experimented with stalk splitting?
    I did last year and the results were incredible.
    Let me know what you opinion is.

11. I would invest in somthing better cmh / qb
    I have blurple and cfl next step
    Better I think is a HD light or quantum board
    Im leaning towards qauntom board or cmh because of less heat
    Even a 600 watt hps is good for flower and u can veg with it in a jiffy or get conversion bulbs

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seriously man, if ya have the room to experiment a bit, once the stalk is about as thick as your finger, jam a pairing knife through it, twist a tiny bit, and jam a small stick through the stalk and let it be.
    I know how it sounds, “traumatic as all hell”, but...
    Just do some research on it quick and you’ll see. 1 million Jamaican Rastafari and they’re billion or so plants do not lie. And they use rusty-ass nails instead of sterile knives and popsicle sticks haha.
    Just try it dudeman

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stalk splitting.
    It's pumps up trike production and Bud production.
    It's just one off from doing super cropping. Super cropping and stalk splitting have relatively the same outcome as far as bud and resin production go's.

I do all training techniques.
    In these pics in front of you all of these plants have been topped, super cropped, LST, EST, pulled over and scrog netted and lollipop, thinned and trimmed several times.

In addition to all these training techniques. I also do light deprivation techniques. This crop will harvest around the 10th to the 15th of August.

Pics are yesterday in mid Michigan.
    Happy growing[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3

14. Look into stalk splitting. It’s soo worth it. But be careful and steady, and research it a bit before diving right in head first.
    I’ve had much luck with this method. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am a new grower with 2 plants and can really use your advice on setup O.G.

16. New grower just bought 2 plants from the Detroit cannabis fest and could use your advice with need to buy items from beginning to end.

• Like Like x 1
  17. —————————————————————-
    *I do like the cut of yer jib man. Indeed, I also follow a “minimalist” approach in my endeavors. Every year, nearly every aspect is greatly improved, all while spending hardly any cash at all and using many different techniques I happen to pick up along the way. I make/use my own compost and breed my own ladybugs, as well as countless other methods for other tasks.
    My grow is nothing huge. In fact, it’s quite small. But also, I’m not at all trying to grow an insane amount either. For right now, I’m just more into learning as much as possible. Maybe someday I’ll apply my knowledge to something bigger and more productive than my own personal experiments.
    I included just a few snapshots of some of mine from this year and last year too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Very nice! Umm, how exactly do YOU go about the light deprivation? Up until this year, I really only would deprive them for about the last 48 hours or so before harvesting. I kept a control plant aside last year just to measure the difference after depriving them, and I gotta say, there was a noticeable difference it would seem.
    But if I could learn and do better techniques, I’m always down to learn something new.

19. Yooooo SG1 Big Guy you still around??? I moved broke my other iPad and couldn't get in my account for years literally didn't stop my grows though LMAO Chunk said JerryDFW is gone and hasn't been around for year's... Earl too? Anyway I have to do some reading to see who is who in here now. But if anyone needs help there are still SG1 original students around.

• Like Like x 1
  20. He hasn't been around for a bit. Not sure where he moved on too.

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Like Like x 1