Old school grow advice "member cheap old basterd club"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SG1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Yeah bro, Amnesia haze. Fukin awesome haze strain.

2. just need quick answer
    bought clones 4 weeks ago
    1 went 1 ft big other went 6 inches
    been using foxfarm products for fertilizing and nutrients
    about 4 th week in all the leaves died on both plants
    pulled all of the dead leafs off and new wimpy-er leafs have replaced some of the foliage
    it`s constantly 65 degrees f to 78 degrees f 24 hours a day
    inside a grow tent
    i think im going to lose this battle if i dont get help quick
    ive never grown clones (without tap root)? and inside a tent

3. no pics. no detail on pH. no detail on tds/EC.
    sorry bud, I don't own a crystal ball, and unless u post more info we won't be able to help.
    The clone/seed doesn't matter indoors (clones faster actually); tap root only matters outside to get larger plants.

4. ph 6.5
    • Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) measured in Parts Per Million (PPM)
    • Electrical Conductivity (EC)
    • dont have meter ?
    • pics cheap phone attached

Attached Files:

5. still ive stopped fertilizing for a week now ?
    and i put a heating pad under the plants they stay around 65 to 78 degrees fahrenheit
    i was using the fox farm (FLOWER KISS)
    but every time i sprayed the leafs they looked like the had just wilted i dont use (FLOWER KISS) any more
    ph level is around 6.5 with the paper test strips
    and im going to use the fox farm (GROW BIG) fertilizer again unless i get some info from you guys thats better than what im suggesting (using fertilizer again)

6. @ jimbean802,
    I am not familiar with ff soil, someone will chime in, but maybe you should start a thread.
    Before you do start it, describe everything in a list and take some pictures using white/natural light, not under blurples.
    If anything it looks like you need better aeration in your soil (better drainage) and maybe some root control?
    idk too hard to tell with that purple.
    start a thread in beginner section.

7. ThankYou

• Like Like x 1
  8. I completely agree, except for timers. I use a timer otherwise my plants will die or end up budding on the 2nd day they sprout! :Love-Plant:

9. <----- Cheap Old Bastard
    Small-size autos; 8x4' T5s, 18 hour timer, Foxfarm soil, Foxfarm nutes for soil, photo-period feeding schedule, just switched to 3000 K; that is all. (My partner makes me use the FF stuff; I'd go with Pro-mix BX and Miracle-Gro.)
    Fifth week. I thought they looked especially nice, this morning...
    I hope you like to see them, as well;
    Sisters01.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Sounds cruel to offer suggestions when plants are pretty and healthy, but dont be afraid to defoliate some of the shade leaves a cpl nodes down from the tips to open up each branch to full lighting...Autos, as well as photoperiods love to be opened up to light when flowering....when they are running rich enuf to keep them that green, they dont need a lot of those leaves to draw from later, AND there will be plenty left over leaf surface area to collect light.....you need light hitting ALL your budding sites for best yield and homogenous ripening....they make for real pretty pictures, BUT shade is your enemy when flowering...looking NICE...YT

11. That's a bit of a dilemma for me; almost all the advice that I gathered before starting the autos said; "NO PRUNING".
    Honestly, I felt guilty for removing two shader-leaves from each of the plants... for fear of shock.
    Now you tell me to...
    What's a boy to do, what's a boy to do?

12. Hi I'm new to this all round. Growing and chat sites.?? But I am collecting as many old school nutes and tonics as I have some specific cannabis industry ones. My thoughts on the limited experience I have <2 grows)) for bud boost is black treacle first thing a little bit of sulphate of potash seaweed with sequestered iron ? Good for erucaseas flowers I know sulphate of iron is bad . Fish blood and bone. Sulphate of amonia. Any ideas please?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

13. Maybe I should be patient . I think I have a good nutes regime and rarely have to pH amend it. I'm not going very well in the heat constant and I think my tent zip & stitching leak light. Hermes .

14. I'm glad to hear from a like minded person. I'm on my 3rd grow . At a loss as to how it's taken me so long to get growing. Anyway to quote some old farmer on the radio years ago. The modern farmer abuses the soil and regards it as a medium for standing his roots in while NPK RUINS THE SYMBIOSIS THAT'S PROBABLY DIRECTORY OF THE SURVIVAL OF MANKIND. hoho.
    He was and always has planted to the day or night that's the cycle of lunar orbit when you put seeds into the earth . It all sounded like a survivor of almost Cornish Amish type of community's. Probably gave them an excuse to be out and busy smuggling in the night. Is this a book? Nettle and seaweed v a+b and potash molasses SILICA phostrogen in isolated small tonics. Epsom salts ,umm, I'm not sure what nitrogen and why it's important . Tomatoes food is good for basic veggin but can be harsh. Or does it flush through. My grows haven't ventured too far into rippening YET. I'm actually playing Safe belt and braces. Using canna nutes and my own confirmed every day products. Aminos and folic acid should form around the rhizome from the sugars and what quite rakes place around the medium, the nutes and myceas digestion of em rhizo is taproot myfungi see a what . Is there a catalyst or equivalent to achieve I think it is the catalytic exchange. Guess I should be reading up on organics rather than writing books stoned.

15. Sounds like your mixing Chemistry and Organics.

Chemical Grow = All that NPK stuff. You think you know what the plant needs.

Organics = Old School, Build a good soil and let the plant ask the microbes for what it needs and the little devils convert stuff in the soil into what the plants ask for.

You'll find both here without to much effort along with the No-Till set who take Organic to the next step.

Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners
    A still active thread and a good place to start.

No-Till Gardening: Revisited
    Very active

For the Juice guys it's mostly the inside growers game so start in that section.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Best thread on any grow forum ever thank you so much SG, you are a wonderful teacher. I have read the entire thread and am now in my 2nd grow. You have mentored me thru my many fuk ups and pulled me thru. Just a dirt grower here in MI and my 8 plants are thriving. Kinda sad when I got to the end of the thread but I can always revert back for advice. We are about the same age and I also worked in the trades (pipefitter/welder). I am about 3 years out from retirement and cant wait to sample my goods. Anyway.....Take care SG and thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. M

18. SG1 and spacejerk234 i could really use your help/advice. Im 60yrs old and this is 1st time grow. Have one plant started and looks good but im already freaking something is gonna go wrong
    Planted on 4/6 ond plant is anout 4 inches talk. Dont know about adding nutrients or when or what. Some say im gonna have to damage top of plant to get it to not grow tall but to bush out. Im gonna need help. You guys willing to answer what may be dumb questions from an old guy that just want a successful plant grow.?

19. Not sure how much SG is around now. Plenty of help available on the City though. You'll find my comments through some of this thread I'm sure.
    One plant is always risky as it's all your eggs in one basket.
    Fertilizers can be most anything and don't have to be cannabis specific or high dollar from the hydro shop.
    Keeping plants short can be done several ways and don't always include molesting the plant by topping.

I'm over 60 and have been growing the herb off and on for most of my adult life. First grow was in 1976. :)
    List what your doing, Inside, Tent, Room, Outside, and we will offer our suggestions on improving or just staying the current path your working.
    BNW