Old school grow advice "member cheap old basterd club"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SG1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hey can anyone tell me whats wrong with her please?

Attached Files:

2. I'd get a second opinion since I'm barely into my first grow, but looks to me like you have a pest of some sort eating at your plant. Maybe a little overwatering as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. definitely some holes and "bite" marks on the sides of the leaves. look for pests first. Is that organic amended soil that the seedling is in? If the soil is amended with nutrients already it can tend to be on the "hot" side, meaning that the little seedling is struggling to adapt to the food within the soil. There is not much you can do at this point other than lett the soil dry out and lose about 50% of its full weight in-between watering.

Really more information is needed to be more helpful. First place to look is pests.

4. Thanks for the quick reply da soil is jst bought from the supermarket dnt think its organic buh i did mix it with a different soil from a pot i got elsewhere dnt know wat was in it and ive tried looking for pests ddnt see any is there some sort of way to find them

5. A magnifying glass may be necessary to see them. The soil from the supermarket most likely has food in it. Stick to fresh water feedings as the pot loses half its weight. She should slowly come out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Thanks bro

7. Shes not getting any betta i havent watered yet am gonna separate her from the rest for now.. what you guys opiniin on hidrogen peroxide?

Attached Files:

8. Looking better

Attached Files:

9. SG1 what a great thread. I wish I had half your knowledge. I am a noob on my first grow. I set up a 2 x 4 x 6 closet, with mylar, got a 2 400w HPS and 2 250w HPS that I picked up for 150 bucks they are exterior landscaping lights. I have ordered MH conversion bulbs for both lamps. I only plan on veging under a singel 400w MH and than flowering under a 400w HPS + 400w MH if I can keep the colest cool.My exaust is a 100cfm 4'' cooling fan for a old Sun diagnostics machine form the 80s I have one fan pulling and one pushing through 4'' holes. I am going to enlarge the intake to a 4 x 8 inch opening do to cooling reasons for the 400w light. I am seeding under 2 4' t12 shop lights with 40w grow bulbs and 3 100w cpf daylight lamps. My buddie picked up 6 cheese/ghost train hybrid seed in Co. We live in Tx. We germanted 3 seed with the old paper towel. And planted in 5oz dixie cups with 1 part peat and 1 part parlite. 3 days after they broke through the soil they have drouped and the edges of the leaves are brown. Just read that the roots dont like light so I will cover cups with foil. Was watering with a spray bottle just a couple of shots a day and on day three got the simptoms described above. Looking for any info to try to save these little ladies. Started to germinate 9 Mexican brick weed seeds to learn with alot cheaper than the seeds from Co. once again great to find this thread and hope one day I can be a cheap old bastard myself. 20170401_095527.jpg 20170401_095341.jpg 20170401_095527.jpg 20170401_095341.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well I guess this thread has slowed down in the 458 pages I think I found out what is up with my little ones. I lost one of the three this morning and took a good look at the deceased. I found the root was a good 2 to 3" long and was looking for something to eat. So out of desperation I transplanted the other two into soil. I have learned this off of SG1 if something is wrong to transplant. I hope this works for the two remaining seedlings. So the Mexican Nine that I have planted to learn with will go into soil. Note to selfdo not put seedlings into Peet moss only. Still alot to read only on page 67. I will keep this updated on the adventures to come. Thanks for all the info.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Good quality medium is key fer sure

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. New to thread, hello all! Trying to get as educated as possible. I notice SG 1 mentioned to drain run off, can anyone tell me why? I usually just let the pot take it back up. Thx.

13. Well I had one of the three make 9t and looks good now just qn update

Attached Files:

14. 20170612_110252.jpg just a update looking good

• Like Like x 1
  15. looks great! The branch spacing and foliage look optimal for some nice budz. Im pretty new...did you trim quite a bit?

16. i used h2o2 in my first grow. It really seemed to help the medium after flush. im pretty sure it kills all so flush plain water once then again after you start feeding again. i thinkbit helps but i know its one of those things not highly recommended. can cause problems. lower leaves started to grey and dry rapidly 1st time but after heavy flush ive used it plenty with no problems that i can see. im no great grower though

17. lmao i answered my own question months later !

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yep....lol..and i have no idea why you would want to kill the lovely bacteria and good stuff in your soil with H2O2 for..

19. i thought it was alright to do. I used tap water and almost ever AN line. Can say i had alittle build up. just flushing would been fine no peroxide

20. I don't know if he is still checking out the thread, but big thanks to SG1. I read every post, and learned more than I ever thought. I used his organic soil suggestions, been picking up those pots, and keeping it simple and cheap. No nutes just good old fashioned H2O.
    Kinky blaze from sannies seeds, a Barrie creation IMG_1332.JPG
    And a nice nug, Sannie Jack
    IMG_1333.JPG

3 1/2 weeks of flower.

Cheers SG, Thanks again, hope life is being good to you

• Like Like x 1