Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Old school friend" ripped me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MrUnknown, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hey everbody, so today I was about to go to the shop with my best friend, when an old school friend came up and asked if I wanted any bud.

This is someone who I used to hang with pretty much daily and was a pretty good friend.

He had £10 and wanted me to give him £10 so we could get a £20 bag and split it.

Being that I used to hang with him a lot, I trusted him and gave him £10.

I went to the shop and then came back to wait for him to come with my bud.

So, after 2 hours this kid from around the corner knocked on my door, said that my friend sent him to say that he had been caught by the police with my weed.

My first thoughts were: How could he tell this kid to come and tell me this if he had been arrested? The kid who I don't know and doesn't know where I live. My "friend" would have had to tell him in front of the police.

Now that couldn't have happened?

This kid was hella shifty and couldn't look me in the eye at all. He kept going on about how my "friend" had been locked up.

My "friend" also mentioned before I gave him the moeny that he had been stopped by the police twice tonight. Idk if this was to help convince me later on that he had actually been arrested.

Now, I'm not the stupidest of people and I am pretty good at telling if someone is lying to me.

So, I'm £10 down, feeling betrayed by an apparent friend and not sure what to believe.

I rang my "friend's" girlfriend to find out where he is and what had happened.

Tell me if I'm being paranoid here, (bear in mind I haven't been high for months and was very "sober" at the time) but the girlfriend's phone rang for a little bit too long and the thing I was thinking was that maybe she and him were discussing what to tell me?

I don't know what to believe but we haven't hung for a long time and this guy is quite the scumbag to other people.

Anybody got any thoughts on this difficult situation?

I'm probably going to confront him and just basically say, whatever happened, I need my £10 back.

2. Lesson learned. Never front.

3. ^^^^ this man

dont EVER front someone money for illegal substances. They could just take it and deny the fact that you ever gave them money.

It sucks i know, but thats the world we live in today

4. I personally would just stop what your doing and stay out of the situation. If your friend really did get caught he will most likely rat you out. It was only 10 dollars that's better than a ticket.

5. thaat fucking sucks, and has happened to me before too.
    My dealer said "he got beat up and the weed got stolen"
    That was last year, and today i was desperate and went to him, i got ripped off big time today as well.
    Learn for our mistakes i guess :(

6. It depends on how close you are with your friends. My friends would never short me, and I would never short them. My friends front me hundreds of dollars and likewise, I do the same. Never have I lost any money.

If you give front money to a "friend" who you are not close with, then this will happen. Friends don't steal from each other.

7. I never even smoke it, its a special occasion kind of thing because I'm really hard up for money and £10 is quite a lot for me.

That's why it annoys me so much, this guy is small-fry and my friends are dealing with it.

They just rang his girlfriend and said that he owes me the money ASAP.

8. Its $10, dont make a big deal out of it. lesson learned, let that be your biggest loss

9. This kid can't do anything to me. I'm on £30 a week at the minute, times are tough man.

£10 to me is probably £100 to you bro.

10. Well i mean, if its like that then do what you can to get it back, but don't resort to violence cause honestly its not worth it for that kind of money even if your going through hard times! Good vibes 2 you hopefully you get it back and smoke some chron :) :smoke:

11. Appreciate it bro, I'm not the violent type but I will be having a word with him.

Tbh I still don't know if he has actually ripped me or been locked up but it sure looks that way.

Onelove.

12. That sucks losing friends over things like that Sorry for your loss. I was once ripped for $1100 by a very good 'friend' I had known about 6 years and been in a band with for about 3. Hey on the bright side you learned your 'friend's' true colors for a very small amount of money. Trust no-one sadly.

13. $1100 is a lot to lose, that sucks.

I guess I only fronted because everywhere seemed to be dry the past few weeks and I really wanted some.

I only really wanted people to tell me if they think he ripped me or not but thanks for the advice :)

14. Got jacked. Dont front. Time changes everyone. Thank jahova it was was a ten and not an ounce. Lesson Learned?

15. Isn't smoking weed a commodity? If your that stretched for money where ~$10 is enough to send you over the edge then you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

16. Does that mean we government is paying for your weed ? well us?
    it seems dumb to spend a large % of your income on weed? let alone trusting someone you havent seen that you use to be tight with people change...