Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Old school bud smokers, Acapulco Gold.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lovesmyreligion, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I'm envious...
    So envious....:mad:

2. Weed's come a long way to say the least.

3. I've always wanted to smoke some Acapulco Gold mainly because of the Led Zeppelin song Over the Hills and Far Away. When I heard it a long time ago I thought "damn I've never met anyone that's smoked that shit knowingly."

4. I'm currently curing AG from BF. I thought I did something wrong but apparently, its some old school looking and tasting stuff, cept greener than those pics. Man, its like no other bud i've seen, looks like stringy and scraggly, like those pictures, leafy too, we'll see how she cures, its been 3 weeks and the stuff is strong,  musky, stinky in a non dank old school weed kind of way. gets me hyper but no buzz to speak of yet, unless i can't tell. hope it turns out good. i guess some strains need much longer to even be smokeable.

5. #25 Vee, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
    Acapulco Gold was good stuff, only one puff for me back then .....but then the movie came out and every dealer conveniently had
    Acapulco Gold, and charged the world for it  ....just like Pineapple Express years later!

6. Yeah, some of the old time weed looked scraggly as fuck, but it's hard to find any Sativa as good as some of the old strains.

For the record, Thia stick came both dipped and not dipped. Very tasty, very nice high. Top a one hit bowl with just a sliver of blonde lebonese hash and woooow. :smoke:

7. I had some stuff that was sold to me as Acapulco Gold in college.

It was heavily frosted with a light golden brown varnish, if you will.

Whatever it truly was, it was damn delicious.

8. rofl @ all that bobby brown weed on the 1st page...WOW

9. You may ROFL, but some of that would knock your socks off. Don't always judge a book by its cover. :smoke:

10. There's no way that weed is better than today's dank. The Thai stick, yea, but that other shit looks like ditch weed. Growers today are much more knowledgable than they were back then.

That's just the way she goes

11. Imagine what you will, I stand by my claim and so would anyone that had Oaxaca. :smoke:

http://forums.strainhunters.com/site/index.php/index.html/_/articles/landraces/mexico-oaxaca-sativa-r22

The first time the Oaxaca Sativa became famous worldwide was in the 1970s, when many American and Canadian travelers brought back seeds to the west coast of the US and Canada and started breeding them to obtain faster flowering versions of the landrace. The Oaxaca Sativa became a true hippie legend, one of the most sought-after strains during the endless University rallies and anti-war demonstrations of the 1970 throughout America and Europe. Some of the most famous cannabis breeders of the 1960s and 1970s, including the Haze Brothers and Neville, used the Oaxaca Sativa for some of their creations. To this day, the genes of the Oaxaca Sativa live on in famous strains like Neville's Haze, Super Silver Haze, Mexican Haze. The Oaxaca Sativa was at the base of the creation of pure Haze, the most famous sativa hybrid ever, in turn at the origin of hundreds of famous crosses available today.

12. I kinda hate how much weed has been bred these days. No classics left... anyways I growing some Acapulco from barneys farm and I'm gonna see how it is. never tried AG, I I think barneys farm also has a panama red strain and I wonder if it has any similar genetics.

13. Shwaggggg

14. We grow indoors these days. And everybody cares about bag appeal. Naturally, the bud will look different.

15. Everyone of those look nasty.

Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sure looks that way, however, had you smoked it, you would have a much greater appreciation. :smoke:

17. Russians in Vietnam, made many people nervous, and the hammer and sickle still hangs about, but the Thai sticks we got were scraggy as fuck, natives didn't care what color our politiks was, so long as we had the gold .....lol

You can't honestly say you would rather smoke that shit in those pictures than the dank herb we get nowadays...there's just no way. I am not saying that the weed didn't get you high, I'm sure it did, but that shit was grown outdoors, most of it wasn't harvested at the right time, had seeds, and wasn't trimmed worth a shit. I bet it tasted like booty.

19. You would lose your bet.

The bud you got looked like that? Ugh man tobacco looks better than some of that. You would prefer that over the bud nowadays?