Old people

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by stupidstoner, Oct 14, 2012.

1. This morning I woke up, went to get some food, and realized that there was nothing to eat in my apartment. So I leave a note for my girl, and I go out to buy some groceries. As I'm walking in to the grocery store I see this old man staring at me. I was kinda apprehensive but hey I figured he's just some old guy, what's he gonna do.

So I go buy all the stuff I need for the next week plus some snack food and I go to check out. As I'm about to pay the same old man walks up to me, gives the cashier his credit card, and says "You look like hammered shit, let me make your day a bit better." So I say "No sir it's fine please don't worry about it" and I tried to tell the cashier to not charge this man.

He looked at me like he was going to kill me if I didn't let him pay and says "I don't do this often, now I'm going to pay for your groceries and you are going to have a good fucking day." Seeing the validity of his point, I let him pay and I went on with my day which ended up being pretty good.

If anybody has stories about something cool an older person has done for them, please share :smoke:

2. That was Samuel L. Mothafuckin' Jesus you met.

Blaze on

3. what a guy

4. one time me and a bunch of buddies had just had a fucking mad session and had the munchies, one of my friends was broke so we decided to go to mcdonalds. well as i was about to pull in the drivethru, this lady in a SUV cuts me off, and almost hit me to beat me to the drivethru. so i was like no big deal im still getting my shit, so we ordered abunch of food, it was like over 30 dollars. well after im done ordering im waiting behind the lady who cut me off, to pay, and as i pull up to the window the guy says, "hey dude you know that lady?" i was like "no", and he said "well she just payed for your guys stuff" and he hands me the food. i guess she was in a hurry and i guess it was good vibes because i kept a cool head. im always very curtious when it come to driving so i guess i had it coming

5. About how old was the guy, 40's, 50's, 60's or older?

6. As I myself become older (this isn't a story about an old person though), I find my views on what I consider "old" and my take on old people themselves have changed somewhat.

Like, when I was a kid "50" sounded fucking ancient...now at 31, and ever since say my early/mid 20's, I've seen them on the "barely old" end of "old-ish".
    Of course, they seem to be getting much more active, there's folks in their 50's that could wreck me in cardio...

Nowdays, when a person is say...into their 60's, I consider them a little bit old, yeah. 70's and beyond is really OLD old.
    Though that just makes me think the closer I get to those ages, the less I want to be called or thought of as "old" eh?

I also used to think that they were way different, more like another species than just a person that had been here for a while - "old" people, there's even a lot of seperation in the term itself really.

Though yeah now...I just realise, people change.
    They become more informed, they think different things are interesting, and generally speaking with their lesser time remaining they become a bit less tolerant of bullshit and a bit more likely to state their views...bit less worried about what people think of them.
    While back in the day I might consider this "boring" or "grumpy" or "weird"... now, I consider that almost enlightened.

The only old or elderly people that shit me, are the ones with an over-inflated sense of entitlement to respect among other things.
    I do believe in respecting your elders, but only because they're a part of everyone else and I think respect ought to be afforded to those around you...but, it's not something that your age alone should determine.

I respect how people act and treat each-other...and I think that someone "expecting" a level of respect and/or on account of their age is actually a bit disrespectful of younger folks.
    It's funny, because it's usually these older people that tend to be the narkiest, snappiest and least respectful of others...probably just that they grew up assholes and remained that way, I dunno.

I like the older folks I can get on with - I don't judge them on their age, and I hope for the same.

7. My husband and I were shopping at Wal-Mart one day. We had just a small amount of money (it was the end of the month) and all of it was in change like dollars and quarters. Anyway, we were buying daipers and formula.....we already had 3 kids at the time. There was a lady...probably 60 or older n front of us and she asked how many kids we had and had a nice conversation with us....after she paid she told the cashier she would pay for our items as well. Of course we told her that wasn't necessary but she insisted. OMG such a great day! Really we were on our last dimes....that lady was a send from Heaven!

8. I'd say in his late 60's or early 70's.

9. haha you shouldve gone 'well if its your shout let me get a couple of other things'

10. Some of us just generally care for others. I do, my girlfriend thinks im more sensative than most, but really I just care about the well-being of all people. Its easy when you see everyone(almost) as human and realize that they have feelings, emotions, fears, get hungry, seek happiness, all that stuff.

11. i have an older guy friend who touches me...

yay dentures :hello:

12. What a kind human being

13. ^ dude what is up with the avatar LOL

Anyway I hope I am wealthy enough to be generous when Im older. I'd love to be generous no matter what, but I know I won't be that kind unless I have enough money to where I dont really care

14. When I get older, I'll send some positive vibes to my young ones.

15. Good idea on his part. You can't spend money when your dead so you might as well spread the wealth while you can :)

16. "I left a few things out of my cart because i couldnt afford them, ill be right back"

17. I hope when I'm an old man I can smoke out kids with my dank ass homegrown.

18. I didn't want for him to pay in the first place, why would I be a dick and just decide to go and get more shit that I really didn't need?

19. I like old people man, their like, wise.

Most old people are really nice theres a few mean ones tho..

20. When I'm old, I'm going to stand on my porch and tell kids to stop playing in my lawn!