Old,Old Bag Seed.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by larryg420, Dec 28, 2008.

1. I have been saving seeds for as long as i can remember:cool:.Each year they are getting harder to germinate.
    They have been my "stock" for the past 26 years.I just put them in a air tight jar and used to use them each new grow.
    My current grow is Kush that some one gave me,so no old seeds this time.
    Just for fun i dropped about 30 in the paper towel deal,1 sprouted and this is it.
    Looks to be a pure Indica from the 80's.
    Most of my old bag seed grows were either pure Sativas or pure Indicas,maybe a cross here and there.
    The 4th picture is the last bag seed grow.Lots of different kinds.

Attached Files:

2. You could have some good stuff hidden man. Bring those strains back. Did you label them at all?

3. I used to back in the day,then i had 100's of baggies of seeds:smoke:.
    I got tired of having all those baggies so like a retard i dumped them all in a air tight jar.
    I have 2 jars now-#1 Old School and #2 New stuff[past 5 years].
    I'm going to be popping a few Old School seeds now and then to get a male to cross with my new grows.Maybe i'll make some new Super Weed!:p:smoke:

Attached Files:

4. Nice plants in that grow man, all those seeds so little time...
    Welcome back my friend...

5. Thanks,that was my last bag seed grow.I got 19oz's of pure bud from that one.12 plants total,not bad for a mix of Sativas and Indicas.
    I had to use about 40 to 50 seeds to get 25 to pop,then down to 12 females once they hit 12/12.

6. nice!

I got some seeds from a strain I got like 5 years ago. The guy bought the nug from called it "Catfish." Now, I'm no stranger to dank. Where I went to college, you couldn't get anything less than seedless diesel. I was at first disappointed that it had seeds cause it was only a gram, but then... damn. I smoked it. The best high I ever had! anyway... long story short. I decided to grow it. Frought with problems and had to harvest way way too early. Had a little smoke, lots of seeds. Like I said. I was frought with problems from day one... mostly things beyond my control. I smoked the shit, and kept the seeds seperate from all my other seeds in a small tupperware container. That was 5 years ago. Thin they're still good? This shit IS superweed, and I would be very very sad if I couldn't bring it back...

7. If stored properly those seeds should still germinate.

8. #8 larryg420, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
    I would try and germ them,if they sprout then plant them and sit back and wait.
    I'm going to put about 20 in paper towel now and see how many pop.
    Would be nice to cross some with my new grows.Looks like i over did it,about 50 seeds again.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. This is a fascinating venture you're embarking on. Resurrecting dead strains... It seems almost magical. I read a statistic that said marijuana from the 70's and 80's more then half as potent. I think this is misleading because it leads one to believe genetics were the culprit. In my opinion the reason weed was so crummy back then was because proper cultivation of the plant was still somewhat of a myth. There was no internet to provide growers with the knowledge necessary to grow good pot. Most of it came from a big ass field with males and females all mixed up together or a ditch next to a freeway. As you've clearly demonstrated, seeds from 20 years ago still churn out some decent smoke that is almost indistinguishable from the genetics of today. The problem with today's genetics is it seems there is no "pure" strains left. Most strains are propagated from seeds of clones of clones of clones of clones of clones of clones. Maybe they'll cross it with a clone of a clone... Anyway I actually anticipate genetics to start slipping. By bringing back some pure strains from the 70's and 80's you're really bringing something to the market that isn't provided through the seed banks. The chances of you discovering a "superweed" i'd say are relatively high. I'm giving u +rep for bringing back the old school.

10. Thanks man,The last Bag seed grow turned out some interesting stuff,some pure sativas that took 12 or more weeks to finish,some pure Indicas that finished in 6 weeks,and some mix's that were crazy.
    These are some of the plants.
    The first one you can see the different strains,short,tall all kinds of "Kind":p
    The second one was short,but heavy,smelled like lemons and took a while to finish.
    The third one the cola was the size of a human arm.The forth one was the biggest one of all time.
    It was 5ft and all bud:smoke:

Attached Files:

11. Interesting thoughts I like your ideas.

12. This is some crazy shit:devious:,this little baby is only 3 days older then the babies in the second picture:eek:.
    The second picture are seeds from Seed Banks!My baby is old,old bag seed!;).
    I hope it's a female,that would be nice.
    If not i can use the pollen to cross some of the other girls with it.:smoking:.
    Once it is a month old we'll see how big it gets.:devious:

Attached Files:

13. I put it in a BB today,hope it's a female.:smoking:

Attached Files:

14. 2 days later the roots are really coming out.I added some GreenLight Rooting solution to the nute mix:cool:Seems to help:smoke:

Attached Files:

15. This is some crazy stuff:devious:,this little baby just keeps getting bigger and bigger;).
    I mean like super fast!I put the Gigabud baby next to it to show how similar they are.
    The GB is a fem seed from G13 Labs.:smoke:

Attached Files:

16. I'm subscribing to this thread. How many plants do you have going right now? I see you ordered from attitute, did u ever grow the power skunk before?

17. Add some superthrive to your sprouting seeds, I've heard it can help them pop. Also germinate the seeds for a couple weeks, I'm sure some of the old seeds are just slower to germ.

18. I have 30-40 going at any time,i've never grown PS but hope it does well.

19. + Rep man, this is a great idea, keep us updated.

20. #20 larryg420, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009
    PureDank;+ Rep man,this is a great idea, keep us updated.
    Thanks man:smoking:.I've been lucky with my bag seed grows.
    The seeds i saved were all good stuff,no crap.
    If i didn't like the smoke i tossed the beans:cool:,if i liked it i saved them.
    This little baby is sweet,i'm going to take a clone tonight and sex it.If it's female,clone city!!If it's male i'll 12/12 it and take the pollen and cross what ever i have flowering at the time.:smoking:
    If it's female and i get males from my other grow,i'll use that pollen and cross this.