Old money? Wtf?

Discussion in 'General' started by nicetoastyblunt, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I have no idea where to post this so if this is wrong than please tell me. I work at a coffee shop, there's an old man who's a regular that I converse with and give him free shit from time to time. He is moving to Canada and came in to work yesterday and gave me a bunch of coin collecton books with hundreds of OLD ass coins from 1890s to 1960s. I don't know anything about coin collecting and when I looked up the price of each coin and got close to a $1000...it sounds wayyy to good to be true so I have no idea what to make of it? The collections are Benjamin Franklin half dollars starting 1948, roosevelt dime starting 1946, jefferson nickel starting 1938,llincoln head cent starting 1941, and mercury head dime starting 1916, and dollar bills from early 1900s. I'll be posting pictures later, if you guys can help me in any way I'd appreciate it.

2. The prices your are seeing are for the coins in MINT state, Which I highly doubt they are. I have no clue how you would get to know the real price, maybe hire an appraiser or go to a pawn shop and see what they would do.

3. I'd love to see pictures of the old dollar bills

4. search through ebay, they have a lot of coins for sale. You'll be able to see prices of mint, good condition, fair, etc. etc. and determine prices