Old Grower Method: Indoor to Flower Early Outdoor?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by duototiam, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hey there anyone. I got some advice from an old grower friend of mine. He said that he was able to get an early flower outdoor. His method is this. Start with your plants inside, on a 12/12 schedule for 3 weeks. Now apparently they will stay in flower if you put them outdoors. The only hitch is to not shock them too much (good temp, adjusted to sun) My friend said that the plants are more or less in their flower routine permanently after those 3 weeks.

I do know, however, that you can flip a harvested plant back to veg, but perhaps their is some leniency on a plants habits. What he's saying is that the 16 hour days aren't enough to flip the plants back into vegging. The result for him was an earlier harvest by a couple months. Anyone heard of this? I'm sure if it works it would be very useful. Thanks to anyone who can help answer my question. \t\t\t\t\t\t

2. Not true in my experience. It'll shock, revert to veg and grow all fucked up for a while. Better off to put a good, healthy vegged plant out and harvest at the proper time.

3. I don't really see how this will work. I don't see how the plant won't start veg again. Unless he is putting it outside late in the growing season.

4. I am doing this right now. I have all my mother plants from last summer. I take all my clones for this summer and put the mother into flower under my 1k hps for about 2 weeks on 12/12. I now have them out side where is been 70 degrees and my light schedule is 11.5/12.5 right now. It will take my plant about another 6 weeks to finish and at they time is will only be around 13/11 hrs of daylight and I get a nice little early harvest in April/ mayish. Anything over 14 hrs of light and the plants will no doubt to back into reveg.

5. Ok it could work. Didn't dawn on me, because i live in an area where we still have snow on the ground.

6. Thats good to hear there might be something to this. Around my parts we have 16 hour days until the end of June. Im pretty sure my friend had his plants in the ground before that time. I will have to check and get some more information from him.

Perhaps if the plants are getting only morning light it would be more fitting for them to keep flowering. On an east/south facing slope they would already be in darkness much earlier in the day.