Old Fart's "Crawled in a Cabinet" Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Old Fart 420, Feb 8, 2013.

1. :wave: High :smoking: everyone. Well (awful deep subject, I know :rolleyes: ) I think I finally got these 2 girls presentable enough to show a few pics and get a journal started. Gave them a good feeding last night and flipped the switch to 12/12 :D
    Still using (will always use ;) ) Fox Farms Nutes. They are in 3 gallon Smart Pots with a 1/1 mix of Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog. First off here are my numbers from last night. I use RO water from my filtration system. I havent checked lately but its somewhere in the 12-15ppm range before I start. pH I have found tends to vary out of my RO system as well as out of the tap (at 550 ppm :eek:)
    [​IMG]

Tonites temps, this is where they've been running. The HIGH :smoking:temp is actually just under the light about 18 inches from tops.
    [​IMG]

OK, no perty bud shots yet, just a couple a kinda ugly plants that just got the switch flipped. Oh have been fighting mites :mad: it seems like forever, but finally got them bastards under control anyway :eek:

First off a Blue dream that I am hoping will finally prove me right and my grow partner wrong :devious: :D
    a little ugly from the side :eek:
    [​IMG]

not so bad this way :p
    [​IMG]

put a yard stick on her measuring from the top of the soil level
    [​IMG]

Hope she dont put a big stretch on :eek:
    [​IMG]

Next up is an OG Kush, this thing just does its own thing, havent topped either one, but this one's funky :rolleyes: She still shows some battle damage from the mites.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are both obviously leaning, I am fairly certain due to the mite problem and the fact that I severely neglected them for several weeks before they were moved into this new cabinet... and they could be a just a little top heavy :rolleyes: Im just going to let them do their own thing, I have plenty of 4ft bamboo stakes to support them with when they need it :) I think the blue dream is actually capturing more light by leaning than if she were straight up, and well the OG, its just weird :rolleyes: If these 2 are anything like their parents .. oh ya they are clones :p should see some sex in 7 day :ey: :ey: :ey:

[​IMG]

2. :wave:

I'm a good stalker...:p

That BD is gonna be huge dude...:eek:

3. Well I knew about the stalker part :p :rolleyes:

didnt really wanna hear that about the BD tho :eek:

[​IMG]

4. Looking great! Definitely subbed :wave:

5. The girls are looking good OF! :hello: Did you say you named them both Ilene? :p Woof, they're badass! ;)

I'll be keeping an eye on them. :D :wave:

6. Sub'd. Pulls up easy chair, packs bowl and smiles, bet there going to be some chunky ladies!:D:smoking:

7. [​IMG] [​IMG]

LOL, wouldnt call them great, by any means but thanks and welcome :)

How bout Ilene and EyeLean :p
    [​IMG]

:wave: I am sure hopin so. The first OG that this one was cloned from was a really good yielder and real frosty :yummy: it's from feminized seed and it popped a few bananas right at the end so gonna keep a close eye on her. The BD came from seed that came from bud, we got like 6 plants 2 were male, still havent seen any of it grown out and this will be it on this one as no clones were taken off her.

Well the BD is already puttin her stretch on
    [​IMG]
    and the OG was just waitin on the switch to be flipped
    [​IMG]

OH YA, if anyone is interested, since I forgot in the first post, :rolleyes: here is a link to my cabinet build thread Old Fart's Grow Cab

[​IMG]

8. :wave:

:smoking:

:bongin:

:hippie:

Is this chair taken?:D

9. Siwwy Wabbit :p

As always, numbers first
    [​IMG]

it was good to see the runoff on the BD come up nicely. Gave them half/half veg/bloom as they are just starting to flower and I've read the BD's especially like some N even into flower.
    A look in the cab with light blazing [​IMG] :cool:
    [​IMG]

Same pic with halogen spot and camera flash
    [​IMG]

Funky OG :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOng, slender, sexy..oh ya Blue Dream :D

[​IMG]

OK, question on the next 2 pics ... Why does the flash make it look darker than if I ...
    [​IMG]

...force the flash off and just snap using the halogen (which this is what it is closer to looking like VVV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. It's your camera self adjusting for the available light...without the flash, it thinks it's really dark, so it ups the exposure time, allowing more light in and giving you a lighter picture...;)

If that makes any sense...

Looking good OF...:cool:

11. Thats gonna be a monster. Gppd Luck with everything. PEACE

12. Been a busy few days. Actually out of town for the weekend for some PAAARRRTAAAEEEEE TIME :hello: :hello: :hello: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Fed them on Wed. nite and took pics the next, finally getting them uploaded tonite.

[​IMG]

I think its time to replace the pH element in my meter :( Having some issues getting a stable reading even after doing a double Cal. on it. I dont think the 6.92 pH reading was correct, think it was more like 6.7 and thus the low runoff. Starting to see some nice flowers forming
    the OG
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Face it....you're just running away from the snow...:poke::laughing:

Looking great old man...then, what else should I expect from you...you showed great potential right from the start...:cool:

Here's hoping we finally get to see one through to the end...:)

14. Another week gone by. :)
    [​IMG]
    Its gonna be a bit before I can replace my pH probe, so kinda guessing :(

OG
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The BD was being finicky tonite but got a couple decent shots :eek:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

one under the LED
    [​IMG]

THatsitfornow

[​IMG]

15. Looking good!:D:smoking:

16. Hey OF ! Thanks for swinging by the journal. Top notch cab ya built there. Glad to see ya were able to get setup again.

Hope ya don't mind if I pull up a chair

17. Hey D-Dog :wave: didnt mean to be rude, somehow I missed your post. Thanks for stoppin by :)

Munkies man, always a chair for you :wave: good to see you gettin up and goin again too man :)

[​IMG]

18. Man these weeks are flyin by.. but starting to see progress :D

[​IMG]
    bumped up the feed just a little this week

a couple group shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OG
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Wow OF, you have grown some beauties!:smoking: I use FF too in my garden. This year I am going to have all six nutes. The Grow Big, the Tiger Bloom, the Big Bloom, Open Sesame, and I'm going to buy the Beasty Blooms, and Cha Ching for this year. I wonder if I can get even bigger cola's using the whole line. :D