Oklahoma's beginning to MM!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Dougi, Jan 23, 2013.

1. cool, but bittersweet. decriminalization's really where it's at.

2. It's a step in the right direction ..but its just a bandaid right now. I'm working with several groups and several state reps to help get the legislation side of these bills done correctly the first time around, basing these on other states trial and errors, we can put forth a bill to set precedence for all other states. I welcome ideas for all aspects ..which can be discussed here or locally in okc. At some point regulation is what's key and needs to established, I have loads of ideas..but i'd like to hear others concerns, thoughts, and ideas as well.

3. blade that's great only 10 days in jail or a $200 fine.

something needs to happen in the south.

4. Exactly. It's better than nothing. It's a start to decriminalization. You can jump from illegal to that without steps.

5. Decriminalization is NOT where it's at. That does nothing to curb violent black market crime. Full regulated Legalization is where it is at.

I want my pouch of American Spirit all natural Cannabis already!

6. Fuck that I would like to be able to smoke in peace knowing I won't go to jail for 10 years when transporting after deals.. I never get more than an o of dank so a $200 fine sounds much better than what happens now....

7. It still doesn't solve the black market problem, and it doesn't open any new industry. We want legalization, not decriminalization.

8. I agree legalize & regulate ;)

9. Are we going to get medical any time soon?

10. There are currently three bills on the floor for marijuana. Most importantly we are looking to decriminalize smaller amounts .. as for medical marijuana..yes ..its only a matter of time. With surrounding states are legalizing it we shall be forced to move that direction..or if we put it to the people to vote ..it will pass. One year or two..perhaps three at most !

11. crumble wall! crumbling down!!!!

12. Rallying at the Okla. Capital on 4/20 ;) join us ;)

13. Hell yeah. If this is legit, it would be great news! This state seems too conservative, so reducing the sentence like that is definitely better than nothing. And it will probably lead to other similar bills. I really hope it happens.

14. I have mixed feeling so decriminalization and legalization..one thing that worries me about legalization is the quality once it becomes government regulated. I'm fine with plain decriminalization.. Aldo Florida needs to take a step in..sadly that's not going to happen soon, here the MINIMUM sentence for having 3 grams or LESS is 1 year in prison and like 5000 dollar fine. For an ounce u get 5 years.

15. Eventually it will hit your state too .. just wait and see..further more our farmers of America van put out some pretty potent stuff..I'm not worried about quality...just want to be able to choose the meds I need.

16. I think its lower than that.

17. This person fails to realize this bill has been introduced every other year for like 6 years now.

18. Yes it has but its never had much beef behind it.. there's actually a real bill that is modeled after Connecticut..I think this will make a difference..but I don't expect our governor to pass it. We will have to get an initial petition to put it before voters for it to pass...how long til then..who knows for sure ?

19. As an individual that lives here...trust me. Its unfortunate that this bill will fail but I really believe the next attempt may have the potential to change things here.

The Oklahoma City Thunder basketball team is here, Ive personally met them. That alone is enough to change the culture here. An F1 track is being built here, downtown is being expanded; lots to be excited here. I have high hopes of OKC becoming the next Austink.

I feel strongly that this bill will fail this year and I hope to god, allah, buddah, whomever that I will be proven wrong. As a citizen of Oklahoma, understand where I am coming from, we are on the right track and in a few years we may have enough strength to make the next step.

Also, the cops are pretty nice here in 405. Im of middle eastern decent with a name that will strongly prove that and I haven't had an unpleasant experience with an officer yet.