Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

okay to keep buds in a jar in my car?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by agent0064life, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Okay, so I have a jar that I keep my buds in, and I live in florida so it gets pretty hot inside my car during the daytime... the last few days my stash has been in a jar hidden in my center console. Is the weed safe there or will ti go bad from the heat. The smell has increased significantly, which is of course a good thing, I mean it goes from a decent smell to an amazing fruity smell, but I don't want it to go bad if the car heat will do that.

2. A cool, dry, dark place is ideal. I'm not sure of the exact temperature range, but the car's probably too hot.

3. i dont think you have to worry about it going bad any time soon if its in a jar. but leaving it in your car all the time might not be the safest place to keep it

4. I think you should keep it in your house.

Well for one, you don't want people breaking into your car if they learn theres weed in it. Also, the heat in the car can't be too good for bud.

5. Wouldn't recommend the car, a closet, cabinet, drawer, something like that would be an ideal place.

6. i will not cook weed in a bar
    i will not cook weed in a car
    oh yes u will cook that weed, sam i am

7. I hate keeping the stuff in my car, I feel much safer at home. Temp wise you will be fine, just keep the mason jar lid nice and tight.

Edit: This is my 420th post. :)

-C

8. LMFAO^^^

And I'm really not sure what to say to OP except I'd try to just not leave it in there for TOO long. :p

9. Anytime I put my shit in the car or go for a pick up I get really paranoid so I always pour a small baggy of java and poke some holes in it, works everywhere and anywhere to kill the odor of weed.

10. I say you be the man for the test, but before hand i suggest gettin a humidifier egg thing about the width of a quarter n'a penny but let us know!:)

11. If you're gonna keep it in your car, have a cat stay in it for a while and rub animal urine on the tires. It messes up a drug dog. Either way, don't keep it in your car because of the risk. And the excessive Florida heat.

12. I'm sure it will be fine.

Just don't keep it in a house with a mouse, on a train in the rain, or in a box with a fox.

Edit: FUCK! Somebody already took the "Green Eggs & Ham" joke.

13. Haha! F-ing sweet...
    I almost always have my bud in my car, in a prescription bottle, i've never had any problem with it... it doesn't get too hot here tho, and i've always finished my bud before it can even think about going bad

14. Smoke marijuana

15. [​IMG]

16. Not the best idea given that now its about to be summer in florida.

17. Fuck this is the second old ass thread I almost commented on in a row lol

18. An old-fashioned, glass-lined, wide mouth thermos would be better! A kid's plastic thermos is a second best choice. (I don't like keeping my cannabis in plastic- personal foible)

THC breaks down in the heat into less psychoactive compounds. And that lovely smell is your flavor floating away.

Granny

19. put it in the trunk

20. I kept my weed in the car, central console, nice dark area, and the heat was something I also worried about but I was able to find a nice underground parking garage, where it stayed pretty nice and cool, but don't advise you let anyone know since you don't want people breaking in. Only reason I did it was because I couldn't take it up with me into my dorm, haha the shit I would get, especially in Tx! Although I much rather have it with me in my room when I'm home and not at school, but that's the same for any toker I assume.