Okay, so what the hell am I doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ponchothegreat0, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Okay, so I'm a super poor college kid who smokes a little (about 3 or 4 time a month) with my boyfriend and occasionally another person or two. I'm going to have my own apartment next year, and we're growing a bunch of other plants (tea plants, some herbs and some flowers, just because I like plants and have a little green thumb) so we thought maybe it'd be a worthy venture to see if we could grow a few plants to cheaply pack our bowls. :) However, it seems like the more I read the more confusing it gets :confused: so I was wondering if all of you could answer a few questions?
    1. Is this even a worthy venture? We're going to have some space, but not a lot. And we're thinking just a few plants, like - less than five. Or is this going to be a whole lot more trouble and money than it's worth?
    2. What's a good, small, easy to grow strain? I've been looking on attitude, and there are SO many seeds. I have no idea what I'm looking at.
    and 3. Is there anyway I could grow this in a mini greenhouse? Or do you NEED to have a grow room? And if that question's answer is yes, how do you make one discreetly?
    Any other advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Lol yes growing is worth it and if you don't smoke much then look at lowryder pretty much impossible to fuck up

3. 1. Questions around "is it worth it?" are impossible to answer. If you think it's worth it then yes. But only you can balance the time, effort, money, and risk it takes to grow a good crop against the benefit of reaping that crop. In a pure dollars and cents analysis yes it's "worth it" because you will spend far less on your smoke, though there are up-front costs to get a decent setup.

2. Northern Lights, or a NL hybrid. It's potent, pretty hardy, stays relatively low, takes well to training, not too long to finish, and some phenotypes are low odor.

3. You certainly can grow in a green house. The upside is that you get great lighting (the sun) for free. The downside is that it is more likely someone will stumble across it (neighbors, meter readers, who knows). There's a whole forum here on GC about building a grow cab.

4. If its worth it? For stoners, saving 10 bucks a week is totally worth it

5. Alright awesome! I like northern lights too, so that's awesome that it's not too bad to grow. Just love that wave feeling from it. ^-^ Thanks!