Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Okay, So I Havent Smoked In 2 Days...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Toxy, Sep 14, 2014.

1. #1 Toxy, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    Hey blades, I have a question for you advanced tokers out there. Before I get to the question, let me start by saying I've been smoking (inconsistently) for years now. The last time I remember not smoking was about a year ago, and it was while I was traveling a lot, so I had many distractions. Anyways, I haven't smoked for 2 days now and I feel really strange... Almost depressed? I've had this feeling before, as I did have some depression a couple of years ago. Everything feels dull and sad. 

My question is, has anyone had this feeling before? And does it subside as the days progress? I DO have weed, but I wanted to be sober before writing a paper for college tomorrow. I'm not sure how I feel about this. 

Note: I don't feel "addicted", as I was a daily cigarette smoker for years until I quit a year ago, so I know what withdrawals feel like, and this is definitely not a feeling of withdrawal. At least physically. 

Thanks. :)

2. Hey blade hows it going. Let me start off by saying I am literally in your shoes right now. I havent been sober in about two years (strictly cannabis) and im consuming about an 8th a day but today I just didnt have any flowers and my Extraction guy was out of town and I certainly dont pay for weed like I used to its just not worth the money when you can grow your own but thats besides the point. Today i went sober i woke up and i'll usually have a jay or a few rips from the bong but today i woke up a bit disoriented for some reason. I did wake up with my mind racing, i am also diagnosed with depression and so i know where youre at but i woke up with a lot in my mind so i just got to doing stuff stupid random errands that would just keep me busy and to be honest i did feel a bit bummed but not anything serious more like vibes were weird i havent had a depressing thought since 2012 so i knew i wasnt depressed but I know what you mean.

What youre trying to say is, things seem a bit off right? Like the sun is shining and its beautiful but the sun could be shining brighter.

3. Did i get it with that last paragraph? Lol but like i said i did feel like that but i got busy and it kept my mind off it but im still sober now and i think i might quit smoking weed like this is seriously going through my mind because idk nahh fuck it *rips bong*

4. Hey man thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's exactly I how feel. I'm glad someone is in the same shoes. Maybe it's depression or something. I just feel so out of it and like you said, the sun is shining but it could be brighter haha. That's a great way to put it.

5. It's been proven marijuana can't improve your mood so well it's not as great without

6. Dont call it depression. I havent called being bummed depression because i realized the term is way too strong to describe these measly off vibes. Because i know im not depressed i no longer feel like that because when something bad happens i make the best out of it just call it a bad vibe bc depressions real serious.

7. Yep. Give it a few more days. Go get some exercise. It'll go away in 3-4 days

8. #8 Scimitars of Drizzt, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    It's just your body's way of reacting without the weed after consuming it for so long. It affects people differently. I would say that it will subside in likely 1 day (you said it's already been 2 days, usually it takes 2-3 days for the effects to diminish). I kind of know what you mean. For me, a t-break consists of lack of sleep and lack of eating for 2 days. Other than that, yeah I do feel bored most of the time, you just need to keep your mind occupied.
    But yeah, you should be OK by tomorrow if it's already been a couple days. If not, perhaps try smoking again but at a slower rate. Smoke less and less, if you are able to, until you're only down to smoking once per day. This will make things much easier when you actually take a break from smoking.

9. I probably have the most experience with this. I always take T-breaks after a month and a half or two months of smoking. At that point I have the exact same feeling, just sad and a little down. What helps me is just staying occupied and usually the next day I feel normally sober. It definitely doesn't overstay it's welcome that's for sure.

10. Thanks for all the replies everyone, all of you are awesome. I feel better today :)

11. I'm actually going through the same thing. Except worse. I'm up at my grandparents helping them out for a few weeks, and before I left I would buy a quarter every week and a half. And now I stopped. And two days later (yesterday) I woke up, felt really shitty, threw up, had no appetite, but I wasn't really depressed. But I wasn't happy either. I was just bleh. I feel better today, except I still have really low energy

12. I take t- break every week and smoke only on weekend. I workout or play sports to get my mind off it lol.

Stoner Athlete
    Train Insane or Remain The Same.

13. What does this even mean? How the hell do you prove that something can't improve a certain persons mood? Weed makes me happier every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #14 rosetta.stoned, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    [quote name="metallicamaniac" post="20614771" timestamp="1410748351"]What does this even mean? How the hell do you prove that something can't improve a certain persons mood? Weed makes me happier every day.

I meant *cannnnn
    Autocorrect haha

15. Thats because life is boring. life is a drag, there is nothing fun about spending time watching T.V. or browsing the same old site, sometimes but i find myself doing it mostly to save money. If i go out and party and do things with friends i can burn through some cash, always had that problem but im working on it!

Ive smoked like you for about 3 years straight now, when i dont have anything because my guy is out i dont think its depression as much as boredom. everything you find fun because your high and feeling in a safe state of mind and dont need much stimulus to enjoy life. How ever back to my point life is boring, they have recently found a bits of resin in jars dating back pre A.D.. Imagine how bored you would be sitting in a cave all day with nothing. They did it just like we do.

Now with that said the real problem comes when you cant have fun even when your doing things outside of your home. now i admit i enjoy being high with im not home, shopping, working, working out. but if im out of tree i can still do those things and enjoy myself, with or without.

Ok shopping is a drag sober :bongin:

16. not quite the same, alcohol has physical addiction properties to it and the side effects really kick in if you drink regularly

17. I don't smoke that often but usually the next day I wanna smoke more but am unable to for whatever reason I feel bummed out but I know its all good

18. #19 DrewtOkes, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014

Hi, Im a heavy marijuana user ive been using it consistently for medical problems for about 2-3 years everyday give or take. at minimum 2 grams and thats sometimes when i dont have money.

Ive been smoking tho for about 7 years.

Without marijuana id have to deal with and still do During the high but the ganj helps alot.. Chronic Depression, Social Anxiety, Insomnia, Joint pains, Gastrointestinal problems and if you believe in ADHD, i have that too. 

When i dont have marijuana + no money and nothing to do for those few days my withdrawal is all those things I mentioned above.

Other than that I'm not exactly addicted, i dont NEED it and i dont have emotional swings etc etc when i dont have but the case and point being is the withdrawal being all the NEGATIVES you smoke to rid.

OP, you said your depressed etc etc glooming type feeling, it's because in your case and many others(mine)weed makes you happy.. its your thing.. NO MATTER WHAT YOUR THING IS..

when you dont have your thing.. well IT SUCKS.

19. Personally I wouldn't call those things withdrawal symptoms because they're the very symptoms you're trying to contend with. If you're depressed and MJ makes you feel good all the time and then you stop, the depression that may return wouldn't be a withdrawal symptom.