OK

Discussion in 'General' started by CasualSmoker024, Oct 22, 2013.

1. #1 CasualSmoker024, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
    OK, so I know I'm kinda being a bitch, but you guys in General are pretty chill, so I figured this is the best place to post about this. So one week ago I was busted by the cops right after I burned with some buddies, stupid of me to put myself in that situation, only punishment is a year of drug testing, and so long as I stay clean I avoid any further punishment. Now I know I'm lucky, very lucky in comparison to how others have it, but here's the deal. I'm able to not think about weed when I'm at school, when I'm with friends, and when I'm at the gym, or, I do, but usually I wouldn't be high then anyway as I get bored as shit if I burn before school and never want to waste bud, my friends don't smoke and they prefer me not to be high around them, especially in public, and I've never worked out high, or, I did once, but it wasn't for me and I wasn't really baked. So I'm able to avoid thinking about it then, the problem is the evenings, for the past year I've kicked it at the end of the day and smoked a bowl or two before descending to my bed for a film, or some grasscity or /r/trees browsing while I listen to some tunes. So my problem is, I get bored as shit in my evenings, and then I get kinda depressed, not anything huge, but I just lay there in my bed bummed out and can't sleep until like 2 in the morning. I smoked for the last time on Friday, and other than Friday I've had trouble sleeping, and just overall been bummed out whenever I'm relaxing, because I just think about how much better it would be if I didn't have these drug tests ahead of me. I wouldn't say I'm addicted, it's not like I'm experiencing withdrawal or anything, just that the thought of not smoking until November 14th 2014 really kinda bums me out. Anyone been down the same road and have any advice? Again, I know I'm being a bitch, I know there are worse things out there, but if y'all could just hit me up with some non critical advice that'd be bomb. Thanks guys, and toke up for me! :bongin:

2. Lol I don't think you're being a bitch. You need to find a new hobby. Keep yourself occupied like read a book or get into a tv show. I usually have to wait until everyone goes to bed to smoke so I know how it feels. When I'm not working I'm usually watching a show on Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Find something you like to do and do it. Dont just sit around thinking about weed all day or it'll take longer for you to get over it.

Eat right and work on improving yourself in terms of fitness. get ripped

4. If it makes you feel any better, I've been clean for over a year and a half and I can't smoke until 2016. Once you get used to not smoking, it's not so bad

5. Your good at writing stories OP, maybe your should write a children's book.

Haha thanks I appreciate that! Don't know if writing a book is totally my thing, but maybe I could give it a shot!
    Thanks for the advice man! :)

Thanks for the advice, fitness is actually advice a couple friends have given me as well. I was in pretty good shape up until a couple months ago where I stopped going to the gym and started eating like shit, getting into fitness is definitely helping me though, when I spend a couple hours in the gym I find that the time there I don't think about weed, as well as the time on my way there, and about for an hour after, and if I do, I think about how positive it is that I'm getting back into fitness now, so really the gym is helping me a ton, only been a couple times thus far, but starting to get into a routine!

Damn, that's a bummer to have to be clean for so long, here I was thinking I had it bad. Around how long did it take before you made peace with not smoking? It's been such a big part of my life recently that the thought of going without it is crazy, I don't really experience any sort of withdrawals, been a little bit "depressed" but really I'm just kinda bummed out about the whole thing. So far I still haven't made peace with it at all, and the thought of being clean for so long sounds awful, so any advice and information would be great!

7. The fact that someone out there can't blaze until November 14th 2014 because they got caught blazing is a whop to the face. I can't imagine being restricted like that.

#RedEyeClub