Ok, what the FUCK?

Discussion in 'General' started by Blutteufel, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Suddenly, I can't post videos from YouTube anymore. Used to work just fine, but I've tried twice since they updated the forums, and it doesn't work. Doesn't matter what I do, I either get absolutely nothing or that fucking little white box with the red "x" in it. How the hell do I embed videos now? This is really starting to piss me off.

2. You can't embed vids anymore...they don't allow it. Gotta link to it.

3. How do people not know this by now?

4. Because I havn't been on in almost three weeks, if not that, and haven't tried to post a video until today.

5. bastardized youtube! i shake my fist in rage at this outrage!:mad:

6. Pretty sure its embedding any video, so its GC not Youtube

7. everybody knows embedding allows for mischief and any mischief on the forums should be disposed of.

8. Yea but it sucks because I know that people are less likely to watch a video that requires an external link rather than just clicking play on an embedded video.

It's understandable though, nobody wants to see the horrible things we saw on that fateful day.

9. who posted those things?

10. Yeah, it sucks.

11. Why exactly cant we embed anymore? Like whats the reason it got changed to no embedding?

12. I'd like to know this as well....

13. Well I'm not 100% about this, but I assume it's because a few weeks back there was this a guy who posted an embedded script that took control of your browser and popped up all sorts of horrible things involving feces, deformed babies, and parrots on penises.

Ever since then it seems embedding has been turned off.

14. Damn. I hate having to click on a link to watch a vid.

15. Yeah, that was it. We're still working on clearing the boards of these people, so for now, no embeds. It's been brought to SJ's attention.

16. Damn, I never heard about that (thankfully).

I noticed you can't post tables anymore, either. So it may just be some HTML in general.