OK up and running into day 12

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by paint_u_dgt, May 18, 2006.

1. damn im almost a month into mine, and mine dont look anything like that...

there a little taller, but they dont have HARDLY as many leaves

2. keep me updated on your progress

3. Heres a side shot of my #1 daughter (hopefully) this is my Sweettooth. Can someone tell me also when could I take clones from her? Oh yeah shes about 11"s across! Gotta Flower on the 20th of June anyone got an idea on potential yeild? Iknow its almost impossible to tell but balparks would be appreciated thanks I'll keep you guys posted!

Attached Files:

4. Whats your setup maybe i can help!

5. Clone when it has abundant side branches and you know it is female. The best time is usually when it is at least 12 inches tall because this is when the lower branches really start to develop. Make sure you know the sex first though.

6. So I check the kids this morning giving them a thourogh lookin over and on my ST plant the calode leaves have turned yellow as well as the ones on the bagseed plus the ST's bottom two leafs have yellowing on the very tips could this be underfertilizing or underwatering i am very conservative with water and nutes watering only 2-3 times a week and fertilizing only once a week with the 5-1-1 fish emulsion any thoughts? Oh yeah they are in 16" pots

7. Any pictures of the yellowing leaves?
    Watering issues won't turn the plant yellow until the very end when it is about to die. It is either over fert or N deficient.

8. Well It turns out that the tips have such a small amount of yellow that my camera cant pic them up i do however have a shitty pic of the yellow dead calodes. what do you thinkI have fertilized with 5-1-1 for three weeks for the first two i used 1/2 strength and last week i use full strength. Think I over did it? Sorry the pics are so shitty. :):eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

9. I think when you went full strength you may have burned the plants a little bit (You said the leaf-tips are turning a little yellow, right? Sounds like a minor burn.). Try giving it a flush of just plain, ph adjusted, water, then picking up with your regular feeding schedule. Keep the nutes at half strength though, for now... As the plant grows it's probably gonna need more nutes, so don't be afraid to go up in small incriments as the plant gets bigger, but try takin it a little easy at first. Don't wanna burn those babies.

And yeah... Other than they she's lookin beautiful. Keep up the good work :)

10. what do you think my yield willbe ballpark? I flower june 20th.

11. How tall will they be then and will you finish them in the 16" pot? Also what type of lights and wattage are you using again?

12. got bout 280 watts of 6500k and 3000k cfls they are about a foot tall.

13. Any way you can get a HPS for flower? Even a small one will make a lot of difference...

14. Cant use my 400 w hps live in an apartment and cant make anymore holes for ventilation plus my landlord pays my electric bill and i cant risk spiking it with an HPS

15. You're currently using 280 watts of floros, correct?... If you could get like a 70w-150w HPS it would greatly help out your yield, and you'd be using less electricity than the 280 watts of floros... Heat could be a problem though...

I dunno... Go with what best suits your needs... I was only sayin that a HPS would help ya out a lot. You can get decent yeilds with floros, but no where near what you'd get with a HID system. :D

EDIT: You can get one of the smaller HPS systems at your local SEARS Hardware, Home Depot, or LOWES... They're like $50 or so... If you do decide to look into it that is :)

16. I had to start flowering four days ago. I got kinda a story to go with this last little four day adventure. On day one when the lights came on I went and checked the kids, as soon as i walk into the room where they are BAM!! I was almost knocked over by the potent stench of the ST plant. I didn't realize the plant would stink so bad after one day, so, i go to the stores around looking for shit to help with the smell I needless to say I was freaking out! I got some activated carbon filters and mounted them over my exhaust fan, fourtulnatly my intake fan is powerful enough to keep the temps down in the low 70's so I'm good there. Next, my fucking timer quits spinning so the lights came on 47 minutes late and i got up at 4:50 am to to turn them off on time, so i go buy the new timer and the danm thing didn't work so i missed the lights comming on by 20 minutes the next day. Now i got the timer fixed and am back on track hopefully it wont hurt me to bad. I checkd them both yesterday before the lights went off and they are both definatlly female hopefully they wont hermie on me. When the lights come on I give you guys a couple pics.

17. Don´t use air con, cook, wash or watch TV. Go to bed when it gets dark. Then you will be able to run a HPS.

18. keep doing what your currently doing....if it works fine, dont change it.

19. I think I am good on that shit man. I am going to use my HPS when I can pay my own electric bill plus what i'm doin is workin. It just seems like an unnessasary risk.

20. heres my advice dont use your computer at the same time as your HPS cause they both generate the same amounts of energy or close to and turn your lights on at night hope this helps buddy cause my landlord pays my electric too so were in the same boat:wave: