Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

OK to fly with MMJ Out of Oakland International Airport

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Sep 12, 2009.

1. I'm just reading an article in the latest (Autumn 2009) issue of West Coast Leaf, which states that Medical patients can now travel with their meds leaving from Oakland International Airport - obviously only to other destinations in California, but this is great news.

LAX is working on a similar policy it appears.

I'd link to the article but it's not up online yet.

2. Whoa, that is pretty cool for you guys.

It is nice to see that they are actually starting to work out a framework so people who do have MMJ can travel through the air (Even if it is just within Cali now) What is the webpage that the article will be on, West Coast Leaf Homepage? I would love to read it when it comes up on it.

3. Yeah, the link you gave is where it SHOULD be eventually. It may be in the PDF version already, if so the article is on page 11

4. #4 Blaghlagh, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome, thank you WildWill, I will be sure to check out the site a bit later and see if it is up.

Edit: It is up on that site on page 11 of the first PDF, good stuff!

Edit 2:Every time I hear about the Alameda Sheriff's department they sound like a bunch of assholes, good on the Alameda City Council for rebuking them and forcing them to write a policy to uphold the state law.:hello:

5. It may have something to do with all the Naval stuff up there - after all, remember that's where the Nuclear Wessels are - or at least they were when Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home came out.

6. #6 Blaghlagh, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
    FBI agent: What do you think?
    FBI Agent: He's a Ruski.
    FBI agent: That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life, of course he's a Ruski but he's a retard or something...
    FBI Agent: You better call Washington.
    Chekov: Don't move!
    FBI agent: OK, make nice, give us the ray gun.
    Chekov: I warn you, if you don't lie on the floor... I will have to stun you.
    FBI agent: Go ahead. Stun me.
    Chekov: I'm very sorry, but... Heh, must be the radiation.

Haha, I just watched that last night, fun movie.

I digress though, that article was a great read and a huge step in the right direction. (+rep when I can give it to ya again)