ok... this place is turning out different than i thought it would be.

Discussion in 'General' started by That Engineer, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Ehh... I dunno.. back in the day I used to be able to smoke bowl after bowl and just chill and red thread after thread.. now I just check real quick see all dumb-ass thread titles and goto another site?

2. Same here. It really was better then.

3. I also suggest not spending a lot of time in the general section.

4. Yeah the general section can be fairly silly, so can the real life stories section, but I dont put any kinda stock into this place, I just come here when I'm chillin and thats it basically.

5. Don't mean to sound like a dick, by why is it always the new users who bring up with GC is or isn't?

GC has been through more phases than you could possibly know... almost all of them pass.

Probably for the better.

6. I realize i am new I understand that my opinion is not really valid. I have been visiting here for only about a half a year and only recently became a posting member. I realize that not everyone will agree and that i am still i noob here ha, but i am just saying what i have seen.

I hope that this phase passes too :smoke: thanks for your input

7. Yeah, whatever phase it might be, will pass. Can pretty much guarantee it.

People just get wild and out once in awhile :p

8. Am I the only person who missed the OLD Pandoras Box??

9. its because gc`s population used to be younger im turning 21 this year and have been lurkin the city for years

10. This kind of thing happens when you visit a forum every day. I don't know about you but I spend a large part of the day browsing GC so I know exactly how you feel. If people stopped posting crap like "show us your ___" or "do you like herp or derp more" this wouldn't be an issue but at the same time, this would be a really boring forum. It's impossible for every single thread to be amazing so you have to wade through the shitty ones and find the good ones.

Also, it helps if you don't stick to one subforum because you'll start seeing the same thread being posted repeatedly and a lot of user's posts start looking the same (like people just quoting someone saying "this" or people just posting the same tired old meme pictures instead of an actual post). I read a lot of threads in the science and politics sections and even though most of the stuff goes right over my head, I'd rather be confused and learn something new than to rage because someone made another thread about how much GC sucks.