OK so settle this for me. Can a man and woman be "just friends"

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by HIGHliketheSKY, Jul 11, 2018.

?

Can a girl snf a guy be just friends?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Only if she ugly, LOL

Results are only viewable after voting.
    • Like Like x 1
  1. So as not to derail the thread -

Organic Vegetable Gardening

Peace

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I think the train is already off the tracks LOL:laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Agree

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. No back stories bro lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I befriended a lbgt house my last year in college and it’s pretty awesome. The two girls I keep in touch with are both very beautiful and very gay. But being that they’re so open about it I’ve never had that awkward tension feeling around them because sex obviously would never happen. Takes away any of that pressure. Anyways they brighten my day!

I guess my point is just because you can’t control attraction doesn’t mean your friendship with the opposite sex has to be shallow.

Also I might get shit for this but I think “the friendzone” is a dumb concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. I believe the friend zone exists but, its just all about how you handle it.

Plus there's always other women out there I don't see what good it is to break a friendship just because, I wanted something different. Breaking off the friendship would be selfish of me I still like them as a person and, want them to be my friend.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I would agree that there is something like it but I wouldn't label every situation where a dude gets turned down but keeps in touch a "friendzone". Maybe if one person is just stringing someone along.

I'm a person who really values friendship. I'm not talking acquaintanceship, i'm talking friendship. If someone offers you ice cream and then you ask for sprinkles but they don't have any to give, why get upset? They liked you enough to give you ice cream! Am I making sense?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeah, man I feel ya. And its normal to sometimes want more but, the other person doesn't. Its just life and, 50% of this planet is female and, I'm sure someone will say yes eventually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. First off, you claim to have male friends, but here you are posting this thread, obviously in question to if men and women can be friends, which is slightly pedantic, but ok.

Secondly, all dudes have motives and all women have motives; I have many friends, none of them are homeless or suck, all of them have something to offer me and I have something to offer them and the friends that do not have anything to offer, are often focused on taking what they can, while they can. This is PEOPLE, we are talking about, not men and women... Does a man have something to offer you? Yes. Do you have something to offer a man? Yes.. By this nature alone, PEOPLE are not "Just Friends" but are rather motivated by the things that those people have; maybe social status plays a role here as well.

Third, women have this tendency to keep around "Satellite men" or men that the women claim are their friends, but are really just a close second to their current best option.. Women do this to make sure they always have access to a good relationship and men do the same thing to make sure they have access to as much potential pussy as possible.

PEOPLE that believe that PEOPLE can just be friends are really irritating at times, because they display an ignorance to the subtle workings of our culture, society and behavior in general... Maybe PEOPLE remain friends because of the inconvenience involved in making new friends, either way, PEOPLE are not just friends.

11. Platonic friends...neg

Fuck buddies...sure

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Admittedly for many this rings true, however it is not and does not have to be the case.
    Often the best thing that can be offered is friendship without strings. Simply good company, good conversations, good laughs, common interests can be an added benefit.
    :smoke:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1

13. Hi. If you read my post, you would see a girlfriend and I were debating the subject.

Obviously I have male friends and prefer them TBH. We have never once crossed any lines not whatsoever. Not so much as a "wrong look". No matter how wasted.

I also clearly stated that I realize it was about motives from the get go in the same post you quoted LOL

I don't appreciate your generalization of women or men and I don't keep people in my life unless I ride or die for their ass. I will come get them out of a ditch if they ask me. I have no motive to keep any man sidelined. If I want to pursue them, surely I would. I would never be false friends for ANY purpose. I'm reasonable enough to know, not all men or women are the same. Which is why I also know results obviously vary, as I stated.

This post was for conversation, debate, opinion and lolz.

And lastly, yes people can be "just friends" and surely in my case is not for inconvenience. My time is too valuable. Its like being a homeboy, or brother to them. The friendship is meaningful and it's wonderful. Shooting the shit and not worrying about impressing them or alterior motives is great. You're right, maybe we aren't "just friends" because we became family.

Perhaps if you don't befriend folks who are only after pussy or a dick, and befriend someone of higher caliber, you will make a platonic friend of your own.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Its definitely possible because I've had some very good friends who were men. However I have had experience with guys that I thought we were becoming friends but they had an ulterior motive to try and turn the gay chick. Not all guys are like that though. One of my best friends for 10 years was a man. We had a falling out completely unrelated to the male/female dynamic of friendship.

I think all people have the potential to be shitty regardless of gender. And all people have the potential to be great friends regardless of gender as well.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I have the opposite problem I make too many platonic friends lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The fact that you have to use the word platonic, with friendship, suggests that friendship is not inherently platonic, so thank you for your agreement; i'm glad we could settle this.

17. Why do people even sweat this shit so much

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Young. And while that’s cool - and we all were - that’s usually all it is - age and experience imo.

J

19. “i'm glad we could settle this“

At least in your own head lol

So b cause someone uses the word platonic in a weed forum means it isn’t really platonic.

Ok now I understand.

J