Ok.. Ok, do it big or don't do it! Right??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by buckethead129, May 19, 2016.

1. Was going to make my own soil or if an organic Coco n peet based starter.. Fuck it I'm jus gonna get the good pro-mix.. Prolly the CC variety ( Coco ) jus to avoid possible acidity of peet decomposition.. I can't imagine dolomite lime is available every where!

2. You can pick up lime at pretty much any feed and seed type store. At least you can in our part of the country. If you're planning on doing your own soil, I highly suggest you use a proven recipe to start off with. I looked into it, but it would cost me a fortune to have all the stuff I need to put into it shipped here. The stuff I use now is $27 a bag and is enough aggravation in itself because I have to drive about 45 minutes one way to even get it. But it's proven to be well worth the trouble over the years. Because we use a top quality MJ growing soil and the way we pot our plants as they grow, the soil feeds them pretty much through the whole veg cycle. We usually start nutes about 2 weeks before putting them into the flower room and continue them till a couple of weeks before harvest. But overall, we use only about 1/4 the recommended soil strength on our plants. I'm not a proponent of loading them up with chemical mixes. The general health of the plant and the lighting you veg and flower under are what determine the harvest you get when they finish. Nutes are simply a plant food and if you're using very good soil to grow in and understand how to pot them up as they grow, you get the most out of it and are saved the hassle of adding nutes. When the plants do deplete the soil they're in and you're not going any larger on container size, you'll be responsible for feeding that plant and all these strains are different. You'll just have to experiment and learn what your particular plants need to be healthy. But keep in mind that you can always add more, but once you put it in there, you can't get it back out and it's real easy to mix up your feeds too strong and burn your plants. I've done it many times. It won't kill the plant most of the time, but it will burn your leaves and make your plant ugly enough that you think it's going to die. LOL Putting all this together in your mind takes time. There is simply too much information absorb quickly. Just make sure that whoever you are taking advice from does have some experience and actually knows what they're doing. But do your own research and reading up on these plants, what they like, what they need and when they need it, how they like their water, what kind of soil you need and why and a ton of other little tidbits of gold that will save you hassle down the road. The more you know, the better you grow. Happy growing. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man.. no my buddy is legit b IV seen his grows. I get a boner. Lol. Honestly I'm gonna let ppl at hydro store suggest a good soilless mix..