Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ok... now WHAT just happened???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dogoncouch, Mar 24, 2009.

1. #41 Ridd, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    THC emulates the natural neurotransmitter anandamide. This chemical is implicated in controlling the metabolism of virtually every neurotransmitter in the brain - especially the monoamines (Serotonin, Norepi, Dopamine).

So just for the record marijuana can alter the levels of those hormones.

2. As far as I know it's still around somewhere... I saw that someone made a duplicate of it, and I posted in the duplicate thread thinking it was the original... Took me a minute to realize there were 2...

The thread sucks... But it's so hilarious that I can't really imagine GC without it... That thread was epic... No matter how much of a fail it was :laughing:

:gc_rocks:

3. That thread is a mega shitfest I love it how after all those pages no one has posted one shred of evidense to help prove THC worms exist.

4. Source?

Not trying to sound skeptical... But from your description above, you're making it sound that THC does the same thing as MDMA (releases Serotonin, Epinephrine, and Dopamine)..

Actually... Now that I think about it, I posted pretty good proof that THC doesn't release serotonin into your brain 'cause someone thought they were gonna get more fucked up if they pre-loaded with 5-HTP... I'm on my way out right now, but I'll see if I can't dig up the thread later :D

5. You know what, I thought I could, but I can't. I found that it remains poorly understood

"Preclinical and clinical studies show that cannabis modulates mood and possesses antidepressant-like properties, mediated by the agonistic activity of cannabinoids on central CB1 receptors (CB1Rs). The action of CB1R agonists on the serotonin (5-HT) system, the major transmitter system involved in mood control and implicated in the mechanism of action of antidepressants, remains however poorly understood."

Damn. My apologies guys. I do know that a great deal of cannabis receptors are in the pleasure center (endocrine system, if I'm not mistaken) of the brain, and I'm fairly confident eating does secrete serotonin, so maybe he derived much more pleasure from the food he was eating, due to the cannabis he ingested?

6. My guess would be that it was more so attributed the the release of endorphins you get when you do something pleasurable to you. Smoking releases endorphins, as does eating. I could see how the combined effect would definitely make you feel noticeably higher.

7. It really grinds my gears when people say stuff like this. Just because a side effect of marijuana is red eyes, does not mean this is the always-right-foolproof-indicator that you are high. There have been many times I have been baked out of my mind and my eyes were not red at all, and there have been times my eyes have gotten red as fuck, but I was just kinda buzzed. If anything, eating food will/can decrease your high, not the other way around.unless you are talking about eating mango's before you toke..thats a whole nother story.

Happy Toking.:smoke:

8. Old DUTCH.......ironic

9. Like what, did it smack you in the face? Were u stoned as shit when you wrote that?

10. im gna put this to the test man ima blazeit get fadded eat some cheesy puffcorn and see if i get higher

ill get back to you on this

11. The delicious flavor probably just tripped you out. Shit happens when I eat a box of oreos.

12. i would like to see someone else try it too so if you are serious i would +rep for trying it out. pictures would be awesome too

13. Pff, he totally got paid by Walmart to make this thread :p

14. way to many people are gonna read this an actually believe it.

15. Or obesity!

16. I don't know man, but I wanna pick me up a bag of that shit. Sounds yummy! hahaha

:smoke: