ok, now im pissed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by blackjello, May 8, 2010.

1. Like many of you, i HATE alexandra datig. That dumb bitch lies more than anyone ive ever seen. (nipitinthebud2010.org)

Notice in the top right corner, a link to an external poll. cbsnews poll

I trust you all know what to do...

2. Yea it does not look good for November. Everything I keep seeing is that it will fail come November. All the polls I have been seing say that more are opposed than for legalization. I am also starting to hear some rumblings about repealing the medical marijuana laws too.

3. wow 41% for, 59% against? I know this isn't official by any means, but I was a lot more optimistic. I guess it's gonna be close

4. Its not right. The majority of voters are for the legalization its the media trying to downplay it. Its going to be close but it should pass

5. Its going to be close but im sure the measure will pass in november. People are becoming more educated and its not as taboo as it once was.

6. That's fake news. There's like 7 pro comments for ever con comment. I believe the poll is fabricated.

7. #7 killermunchies, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    The only reason this poll is losing is because it's linked to the anti marijuana site. We should give it a boost. This thread would get more hits if the subject said what the thread was.

Does anyone have any official polls for this other than the one from like a year ago that said 54% of the people were for it? I'd like to see what the numbers currently are. These online polls don't mean anything. After all, who knows what other sites and forums this is linked to?

EDIT: I just looked at the date on that article. It was written on March 25th. That means that it would have been off the front page of the cbs site for more than a month. The vast majority of the people who have been voting in that for the last month are people coming from that prohibition site. If you went to the cbs site, you would have to dig for a while to find it.

8. if they were trying to down play it...dont you think that they would make it an overwhelming victory (IN) support of legalizing? That way the "stoners" think we have it and that enough of us would show their support at the polls? I would think the man would make us think that its going well?

ive always heard that it is more in favor, but these polls show differently? i dont get it unless it was A) true or B) that the media is now being told to show a lack of support (prolly by the government, b/c they finally know the right thing to do) so it gets "stonners" pissed so they all show up at the polls... I just hope they remember to regester before hand!

but its scary to think it does not pass

9. No because it not only gives the anti-marijuana enthusiasts more incentive to 'fight the good fight', but it can also sway the undecided who will just go with what everyone else thinks.

It's a placebo, something they need because facts aren't on their side. Sigh.. Yellow journalism always has and probably always will exist.

10. We have a right to be nervous guys, this will be a very close call, but i think we have a good chance, a VERY good chance of legalization. The uninformed are the only ones that don't want legalization.

As for this article, i don't know why you're pissed. This article was a perfectly unbiased, informative piece of literature. The only thing you can be mad about is them talking about the gateway theory, but even then it was in a quote. We all know the gateway theory is flawed, also...the "use" of cannabis is not in question, it is the possession. Use has never been an issue, just possession.
    Thanks for the article though!

11. The best recent polling (Survey USA is rather solid, though I would like to see a PPP poll on this) indicates some 56% general support for legalization in Cali.

Public Opinion: California Support for Pot Legalization At 56% in New Poll | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)

2010 will be difficult for Cali to pass this measure because 2010 is going to be a really wild election. Those pushing for it would do well to focus on winning over likely 2010 voters by focusing on an anti-government, anti-Washington message.

"Vote yes on this! Tell Washington to stay out of California's business!" Would probably resonate very well.

12. So about this drug-free workplace act....

So I guess alcohol isn't a drug? How about caffeine?

So I guess it's acceptable for the government to just create their own rules and definitions? Or do we just call that dishonesty and lies.

13. I can't believe they had the nerve to put up a photo of 9/11 ground zero and state that legalization will place national security at risk. Of course there's a ton of other crap... but this one stuck out at me.

We can still vote on the poll, California Could Legalize Pot in November - CBS News

I voted and it changed by 1%!

14. I voted yes on the poll.

Started to read the comments and had a thought.

One thing I keep hearing is about driving while high. While I agree that driving while high is not a good idea studies I have seen say it is not that big of a problem. The reason given by the opponents is that THC impairs you. They keep harping on the THC and not the other compounds in marijuana. Ok fine lets forget about all the other compounds for a few. Now we all know about Marinol. All it is, is pure THC. Marinol is a legal drug according to the government and the FDA. Everytime I have given Marinol to one of my patients I have never seen a warning label about operating machinery or driving. So I take it that the powers that be think it is ok to drive on Marinol. So then why is it bad to drive while high?

Does that make sense?

15. WHAT THE FUCK.
    i just went to the website and looked under the 9/11 picture

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!!!!
    they would DEAL with it, that is NOT a reason for keeping it illegal. I..how... I am so speechless that this is actually a reason they use! This HAS to be a joke, i won't accept any other explanation!
    ugh this makes me sick.

16. Seriously. On a side note, your sig is FUCKING AMAZING:hello:

17. check out the 'alliances' section.

1) CALM is on the list
    2) It says its not an official list of endorsements

This post is endorsed by:

Barack Obama
    Whoopie Goldberg
    National Rifle Association
    Willy Nelson
    God
    Jesus

(This is not an official list of endorsements)

18. haha thank ya sir! and thanks for the rep.
    the cat inspired my name!:hello:

19. Good investigation. Id karma-ize you but I have none :(

20. On the right side of the website it has the picture of the twin towers(or lack of with two light beams) and says something along the lines of "legalization will be a threat to national security". I am kinda disgusted the correlation that they kinda have more or less plugged together with the terrorist attacks and marijuana. Not because I love weed, but that people died in those towers because marijuana was used? No its because terrorists attacked the towers(or so were told) and people were killed, not because of weed. If I had a relative/friend who died in the towers I think I would be offended.