Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ok newbie questions: whats the diff between hash and kief

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nakedturtle, Aug 21, 2008.

1. do you smoke both or what do you do with them?

i have a bunch of kief, can i turn it into hash?

2. #2 Dude Man, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
    I believe hash is, in a sense, a form of pressed THC, whereas kief is the powder made up of THC-ridden bits of pollen that come off the buds, as when ground up using a grinder.

You'll find a guide on how to press kief into hash here:

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/123246-six-ways-make-hash.html

Kief is also great for topping off joints/blunts/bowls, or if you have enough, you can pack a full kief bowl and get blasted. :smoke:

3. are you asking what kief is?

4. Kief is made up of the trichomes (the little crystals) on weed. Hash is made from pressing and processing this kief.

5. I just did that. Man its good. And like everyone else is saying kief-dry sift from bud while hash is pressed kief for a more convenient consistency.

6. KEif is the trichomes from marijuana that come off in your grinder.
    Hash is the product of a trichome extraction using isoproly, alcohol, butane, water or whatever the extracting agent may be.

7. you can turn kief is pre hash. collect the kief and make some dope hash