Ok new to growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BillyD76, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Ok,so my cousin had to leave town for work and will be gone 8 months. He left me his plant he has been growing, told me to do,whatever. So the plant is now in flower. Week 4. I don't know the strain. I'm using what I could get my hands on for lights. Cfl's and a purple plant light. The top looks great. Any lil help will be so awesome of you guys.. I'm gonna do another grow of my own after this one..

Attached Files:

2. Looks good man. Are the browning leaf tips new? If so, ease back on the nutrient concentration, but if they're old then maybe you've sorted it already

Adding more light is often an easy way to improve things, what brand /model is your light?

• Like Like x 2
  3. The purple light is a ge. And the cfl are all just reg 13watt, with bout 1100 lumens each. I have 4 plus the purple plant light. The leaves where that color, it seems to have stopped or gotten better tho. The only thing I am,putting in the plant is water from huge fish tank.

Sent from my VS501 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. What I will do is when the lights come back on I will get a pic of light set up. Now when I do just remember I have never even looked at doing this till the other day. My next one will be so much better. I ordered a grow tent. But I will take a pic of the light set up in few hours..

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've never heard of that light, do you know how many watts it uses? I was just trying to get an idea of whether it would be worth you getting more light or if it's not worth it

6. That's the box it came in 0421191511.jpg 0421191511a.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ok, it says 65 watt equivalent 8 watt used. So I need to get another one

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok, so I just read that I would need around 10,000 lum during flower. So yes I need to get more ..

9. Not more of those same purple light bulbs if you can afford to buy something else. I understand this fell in your lap but you also said you’re buying a tent... do you money for lights? About how much? There’s a lot of options out there but without knowing your budget no one can really help you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I,was thinking of,driving up,to my home depot and purchase this. I read these cfl will work pretty good. Screenshot_2019-04-21-22-23-39.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ok I see where you’re going, but remember this please. COMPLETELY IGNORE any part about a light be EQUIVALENT. Only focus on actual watts because actual watts are what we’re trying to convert into usable energy for our plant. EQUIVALENT means it SEEMS that bright/effective but it’s not ok. With what I believe your trying to afford for this venture, at the very least get some T5’s.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ok. I will check,on that tomorrow. Thank you for helping and being patient with me lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. N those pics is ur soil wet or dry?

14. Wet.

15. All I use is water from a fish tank..,lol. But I'm researching everything for,my next grow. But I water it every two days between 7-7:30 pm

16. I was gonna say I think it looks over watered. What size pot. Every two days should be a 1 gal. If u got something bigger ur watering b4 it dries out enough

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. What type of light is it equivalent to exactly?
    For an 8w LED to be equivalent to 65w it would have to be something like an incandescent light, which is extremely inefficient and not suitable for growing plants, so comparing it to that would be a bit odd

Not really
    How much are you willing to spend on your light? There are a lot better options than a few small CFLs, they waste a ton of electricity and produce a lot of heat

• Like Like x 1