Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ok it call a Bong a Waterpipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ReD_LiNe, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Is it okay when you are in a Headshop, to call a Bong a Waterpipe? Or is Bong acceptable?

2. ALWAYS waterpipe.

3. May I ask why you need to call it a Waterpipe and not a Bong?

4. Bongs are illegal since they are for weed, they will most likely kick you out. Definitely call it a Water Pipe in a headshop because those are for Tobacco and other legal herbal mixtures.

5. Most the time, for me anyways, it doesn't matter what you call it as long as you don't mention anything marijuana related. if you say something about buds they will not sell them to you. or most likely ask you to leave

6. Because bongs are illegal they will have to kick you out if you are looking for a bong, other wise they could be shut down by the pigs.

7. ...well, bongs actully are not EXPRESSLY for weed. But the people who own the store are stoners, so they don't know that... and the pigs would twist it and lie about it... so water pipe it is.

8. Ok. But if I ask about Waterpipes, I should be shown "Bongs" and the such, correct?

9. Yes. if they are where you can see them. just point to the one you want to look at and ask if you can see that waterpipe:)

10. correct. waterpipe = bong

11. They will know what your talking about, just be smart about it, don't use lingo, use what they REALLY are. Herb Grinders, Waterpipes, Tobacco Pipes. And yeah, they will have to kick you out as said before, that's why ALWAYS waterpipe over a bong. If it's your first time there and you accidently say bong, they will most likely say "we call them waterpipes here" and then if you use it again then probably get kicked out..

12. And/or bub. :)

You can call a bubbler what they are, chillums, and all the such what they are as well. I don't think they'll know what a batty is or oniee unless your in UK..

13. There is only one place left in my city that sells glass because all the rest were raided. When asking to look/buy anything smoking related you can only point at the piece and describe the appearance of the piece. If you say anything like waterpipe, bubbler, bowl,pipe, one-hitter etc. they won't sell you anything and you will be asked to leave.

14. You can call it a bong if you want in a headshop,
    not too big of a deal.
    Just don't talk about marijuana.

There is a novelty shop in town that has a sale on bongs and the sign literally says "Buy 1 bong over $10 get the second bong 50% off", it isn't that much of a problem.

15. you have to be 18 to just enter the head shops around here.

16. In america it is a big deal. I've seen the salesman get quite angry when someone used the word "bong" and said he would be asked to leave if he were to repeat it. It is quite dumb but thats just how it is..

17. Lol you can always do what i do just point to it and say may i please see this and you buy it lol. Most places ID you so you have to be over 18.

18. not here:cool: i mean they wont sell you anything if you look like your 12, but they do not give receipts in the head shops around here so that way if you were to get stopped you do not have any proof you bought it from that specific headshop.

19. They don't give receipts?
    Damn that's shady lol.

20. Most like big headshop (trails and shit like those) id say waterpipe

but theres a lot of little shops aroud me where they can careless what you say. when i bought my vape at one they girl told me everything to do with the bud even saying "take your green"

Id just stick to waterpipe to stay safe