ok is it just me or theres no point to getting a roor.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by diagnosedashigh, May 13, 2010.

1. It baffles me this place can put ROOR on the pedestal of all bongs. Maybe in 1999 a ROOR was THE thing to get. Now its an option because there are so many similar designs for a better price. In the end ROORs are still priced in the same range as any other bong out there.

2. well the only time ive seen real roors is on EDIT. my LHS's i havent even bothered checking cause they either have fake ones or dont have them at all. either way. your gonna end up spending easily 200$ on a roor. and for that theres a lot of choices.

3. their prices r outragious? man the fakes they sell at ur LHS must be over priced too

4. there always gonna try to sell fakes at roor prices.

5. You hit the nail right on the head. Not only are they expensive, basic tubes...but the odds of getting a fake one from a random headshop is probably 50% (or more). I'm already spending $200+ on glass, the last thing I want to have to worry about is whether it's fake or not.

A few months after I started smoking I really wanted a RooR, but now I plan on spending my money elsewhere.

For $280 I could get an SG Stemline, which in my book rapes the shit out of a RooR in terms of overall awesomeness and diffusion.

Basically if you have money to burn and want to be 'badass', get a RooR. They are amazing tubes and hit like champs...but they're not the only tubes on the market that are good.

To answer your question simply OP, no, they dont really seem worth getting.

6. I've spent $200 on an ash catcher. Some would debate that, too.

7. Imho I'm going to agree with you but disagree at the same time. Roors are a very expnsivr Gong. However it is great quality but it is a simpl tube. I don't think there anything special at all. Just the same old over producted peice over and over again. But I don't think there all that expensive compared to top of the line glass like Toro or Soverneighty. Which hands down kick Roor in the face. So pretty much I don't get the point of this thread?

It sounds like you need to get a better understanding of... Well everything

8. well when it comes to toro's and soverneighty. and syn. you never see fakes of those, because there basically unfakeable. the time that actually goes into making tubes like that is far greater then just the basic roor design. yet roor thinks its justified to sell you this simple design and a high price point.

9. buying a ROOR has nothing to do with being a badass. The reason I bought my ROORs are because of the history they have with the glass scene. Then when I bought my next 2 it was because they are really nice bongs and made sound and quality control is very high with them.

10. Lol The op just doesn't get it. 200 bucks is very little money when it comes to high end glass.
    Op i stilll have no idea why you posted this? This is just supid.

11. Or at least just a better understanding of high-end glass.

12. well im sick of seeing all the roor posts on this forum and then everyone telling them there fake it just sickens me that people go and spend all this money and its for something thats not even real.

13. Then this thread should really be dubbed "Be aware of fake RooRs".

If you know what you're looking for, then chances are that you're not going to fall for a fake RooR.

14. because people with the money know what they're buying and they're not buying fake roors. They're the ones ordering off of edit or weedcity getting legit .de ROORs.

15. This is a forum, we're all allowed to make topics and discuss things. That's the point.

The OP wanted to express his opinion and see what others thought about it.

16. we already have a fake roor thread. but still people buy fake roors like all the time. and i still say roors are outragiously priced. they may have been well priced like probably a few years back but theres so many different companies now that make better quality products then they do.

17. the reason the price changed over the years with the .de ROORs is because of the exchange rate of the dollar to the euro. .us ROORs are a bit cheaper, but the fakes aren't any more pricey than the PHIRE tubes sitting next to them.

18. How many of these stupid Are RooRs worth it? threads are there gonna be????!?!? Its all preference. do some research and stop asking this stupid question. For me, yes it is worth it.

19. you are buying a name. you can get better bongs, for cheaper. just like gibson guitars for example, they are great guitars, but sooo overpriced, and many people get suckered into buying the name.

20. Les Paul will haunt you in your dreams for that