ok I paid $$$ for bat shit!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Txweedwoman, Apr 9, 2010.

1. I'm doing my 1st grow & knew growing MJ was a bit tricky but never thought I'd pay money for bat shit!:D

And not just any bat shit -Indonesian bat shit. Other choices were Peruvian & Mexican.Swear I felt like the feds were going to kick in door for importing foriegn bat shit:eek:

Who the hell comes up w/ these things & how come there is no good ol' US bat shit good enough for growing?:confused:

Been a master gardener for 20 yrs & have grown some pretty extotic flowers & hard to work w/seeds (try planting or harvesting seeds about 1ML in size - you'll apperciate big ol' MJ seeds fast! ) & have never checked PH on soil or water,never worried about humidity & end up w/ vines & flowers twice their normal size & vegies by the bushel & now I'm buying bat shit.

Better be some damn good bat shit for the price I paid ( probably should shove the bat shit in bong & try that :rolleyes:)

Just had to share my amusement of MJ's growing style compared to ' normal ' gardening w/ y'all:D

Oh yeah got some Peruvian Seabird shit coming too - anybody care for a hit:yay:

White Widows were started 1 week ago in paper towels - 10 out of 10 germed but 2 didn't take off & for their 1 week Bday they gave me their 2nd set of true leaves. Must be doing something right:smoke:

2. Sounds like you have the gardening expereince to knock out your first run out of the ballpark! Once you have the right set up (sounds like you are going organic) its pretty easy. The most tedious thing I do on a regular basis is check ph, and that aint that bad. Hyrdo and areoponics gets a little tedious though, managing ppms and dailing in ph real tight.

Sounds like you are setting up a stelar grow, organic grows have the potential to be amazing imho. Have you considered starting a grow journal so we can watch your progress :D

Good luck, and happy gardening. :smoke:

3. #3 Txweedwoman, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
    Yes I will - they just got their Bday pics for the 1st time today. I'll take them weekly & start showing them in about a month.

Thanks for the encouragement - organics is the only way to grow anything. I grow tomatoes so tasty people beg me for extras:)

And if nobody objects I'll post my ' legal ' garden pics there too so the ' gardeners ' here can see what you can do w/ a little time,patience & space legally to de - stress from the MJ gardening.

Nothing makes you look more respectable in the neighborhood than a kick ass garden - NOBODY even looks at you like you're a stoner 'cause they think you don't have time or energy + you are making a green contribution to Mother Earth :) - got some really cool 1's from all over the world. :D

Bigger + to it - mailman,UPS & Fedex don't even look at your packages twice when they are hauling them in every week from all over the world. Make a beautiful yard & perfect alilbi all in 1 neat package:)

Also if you see ' legal ' plants you want to grow e-mail me here & we'll work something out to get you free seeds, transplants, cuttings & whatever. Ol' hippie here :hippie: our motto back then was ' what's mine is yours & vice versa '. Love spreading my beautiful flowers among friends:D

4. I had a hugge hit of that shit this summer. I went to the Ballestas Islands in Peru where all that lovely guano comes from.

5. That Seabird guano is some serious shit and even though they say organics won't burn...that stuff will certainly toxify it a bit if used too much. Can't wait to see your grow both MJ and the good stuff. I have been picking all sorts of things from the garden and the taste of homegrown is the way to go.

I am going all organics and just supplimenting with teas and top dressings. Going to try for no nutes out of a bottle type of stuff other then maxi-crop.

6. #6 Txweedwoman, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    I am going straight organic - they only had their 1st taste of full strength nutes yesterday - yummy tea of 1TBSP seabird (which switch to indo bat guano for bloom stage ) guano,1TBSP blackstrap molasses,2-3 drops superthrive & 1/4 c. of Seaweed magic per gal of warm water. Using the same formula cut way down for foliar feeding.

W/the organic soil I mixed up they haven't needed much in the line of nutes - soil tested out at 6.8 PH when mixed & they have been growing well.

Now just have to figure out what to do about the smell - just noticed today that even from 10' away & door closed they still stink! Guess that's a good problem but if it gets worse the whole house is going to be reeking by harvest time at the end of July!:D

Actually top dressed my 'legal' garden w/ the bat guano & worm castings & got strawberries coming out my ears & blackberries everywhere & tomatoes are trying to set. May actually get my ' Yard of the Month ' win this summer:)

7. Don't do the tea. You'll be saturating the entire plant with nutes. Better to top dress and water only. Also what's the NPK of the guano. You should use Mexican guano during veg because it's high in N and Jamaican during flower (high in P). I swear by guano, almost impossible to burn you plants unless you do a tea and saturate the entire pot with nutes. Again top dress and water only.

8. Yea, bat guano is not a pleasant smell, and you can smell the bag even if it's in a box. Teas don't smell as bat. Top dressing reeks.

9. Ever heard of Blue Mountain Organics? A buddy of mine tried them and hasn't turned back. They are 100% organic (unlike some of Fox Farm's products) and super cheap :D Check 'em out:

Organic Fertilizer Deal by BMO, Super Plant Tonic plus - eBay (item 250607659652 end time May-30-10 20:44:01 PDT)

You can scroll down and click the links for each nute. It tells you exactly what's in it so if it doesn't sound like something you'd want, ignore this :p

Also, you're sarcasm in your OP made me literally lol.

10. We use almost the exact same tea. For your seabird gauno, do you have the pelletized or a pure? We were only able to get the pelletized locally. If you are having an issue with the smell then as that MJ grows it is just going to get stinkier in there. If that is going to be an issue, highly reccommend getting a carbon scrubber by the third week of flowering. :)

Oh...are you anywhere near Austin? Maybe we could just go scrap up under the Congress Bridge. :laughing:

I like your idea here but won't it be in actuality the same thing? When you put a top dressing on and water then in essense it is passing through the top dressing and ending up a light tea. :confused:

We have not noticed that much of a smell at all for the top dressing treatments. What brand of bat guano are you using so that I can stay away from it. :D

11. Sunleaves Mexican
    The idea is that with top dress the nutes will be taken by the plant and strongest at the top soil. If you water with mini flushes then dressing the top would be the same as watering with tea. If you water with less run off the bottom of the pot will have less nutes. I like to mini flush weekly and water every 2 days to everyday depending on the plant. I let them dry out in flower. Haven't used my box of Jamaican for flowering because the FF three part works so well. Will give it a try on one plant one of these days, but for veg Mexican guano is the sh1t. LOL

12. Cool Jones, makes sense thanks so much for mapping that out better for me. Yep, flowering is where we are still working to dial it in without having to go to something out of the bottle like FF. :)

13. Using 'Peruvian seabird guano' for the veg stage & ' Indonesian bat guano' for the bloom. Hear you on the nutes - soil is running high enough that they have had only 1 full strength 'tea' 2 days ago (going into bloom stage next week) Top & bottom dressed when transplanted into 3 gal containers w/ 2 TBSPs worm castinbgs & 1TSP bat guano.

Pretty much going w/really weakened foliar spray once a week,seltzer water twice a week fine spray mist & weakened 'tea' every 10-14 days & just PHed water & couple drops of SuperThrive & 1TBSP blackstrap molasses for reg watering. Haven't really been keeping track of PH - plants look healthy & are growing great for closet CFL & me trying to drown & fry them & haven't even gone into bloom stage yet & those suckers are already stinking the bedroom up! :D

Anybody ever try the 'odor eating' CFLs or what is best & cheapest way to get rid of smell. Smells like heaven to me but don't want to be greeting people at front door w/can of Frebreeze:eek:

14. #14 Txweedwoman, May 15, 2010

I'm using 'Sunleaves' & it doesn't smell bad but the seabird tea will knock you on your ass & got the pelleted type too:)

PS stoned got Mrs Ed & Jonestown's quotes & answers backwards - going to be 1 of those days:)

15. #15 Txweedwoman, May 15, 2010

Beg to differ - I read a very in depth column on another forum(sorry but can't tell name here in this forum...don't think they'd like it:D) about all types of guano & organic nutes & Peruvian Seabird is best for flowering & Indonesian Bat guano has the highest NPK for MJ blooming.

16. Oh & funny story - Never ended up paying for the the seabird & bat shit. PayPaled it & even contacted company I got it from & they never picked it up from PP so I got it free. Saved $30 - might have to try that site again:D

17. Hahaha nice.