ok i have a huge problems on my hands RIGHT NOW

Discussion in 'General' started by Dreadlocker, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ok GC, i need your help! I was putting on my snowboard jacket to make sure my goggles were adjusted etc gettin ready for tommorow...

well, you see grasscity, i had a heavy duty zipper added on, its a super nice zipper, real strong and authoritative. Anyways it gets stuck alot and i know one girl that can always get it unstuck no problem but i dont know how and she aint answerin her phone.

So here is my current situation. i have on a sweatshirt and a jacket and a long underwear shirt, warm enough to be outside at like -10 degrees. i cant take any of it off cause my zipper is stuck. the worst part is its stuck zipper up all the way, just below my nose. the jacket has a really snug fit around that area (its a mountaineering jacket) and with the new zipper if it zips up real fast i run the risk of it cutting into my nose. i cant pull it over my head, it just doesnt fit. im getin really fuckin hot so im gonna load a bowl and hope someone here has the answer.

2. HAHAHA dude im sorry but thats probably one of the funniest things ive heard all day..... imagine dying that way lol......

but i would just go post up outside for a while unless you live down south or somethin

3. im gonna take a pic so u see what i mean.

4. Wow, thats waaaay to funny... If I knew you and knew how to take it off, id prob. let you sit there like that for my ammusement for quite a while... haha

5. aw man you made my buzz with this shit, lol

6. hmm little update, i remember that there is a bottom zip on it, so at least its not zipped up now. instead im kinda wearing it like a cape around my neck. i could live with this i suppose... at least for a week or so of snowbaording.

im not willing to destroy the jacket, i just fixed it and i cant afford to replace it.

7. If it's a heavy duty job with a big zipper, they have a big 'mouth' at the bottom. It's so big that it's easy to get it out of line with the actual zipper teeth when you try to pull it down. What you have to do is, when you pull down on the zip itself, to try to align the zip (the teeth part) straight up and down for the zipper part to slide along. Pulling down on the zip does this and also closes any gaps in the upper teeth that are stopping you pull it down. Align the mouth of the zipper so it's not pointing right or left, back or forward at the teeth, but pointing directly at the middle of the teeth. If you're pulling down too hard, what you're doing is pulling the top part of the zipper forward, so the mouth points in towards your chest and you wont be able to free it. Think of it like a railway track you're trying to point a train down.

Once you get it down, to stop it getting stuck so bad (nothing will cure it entirely) rub a candle up and down the teeth, inside and out a few times. This acts as a lubricant and makes it easier to use.

Hope this both makes sense and helps:)

MelT

8. Go outside where it's cold until you get hold of her.
    or man, you might overheat.

9. OK, do you see the small piece of material that is caught in the zipper? You need to pull that piece of mateial PERPENDICULAR to the zipper, while at the same time pulling the zipper down.

Also, if you pull down on the zipper hard enough, it should come lose.

10. no luck. i pulled down on it pretty hard to. its in there good.
    [​IMG]

11. you prolly already tried this but it looks like you have to zip up before you can zip down

12. you cant slide your head through?

13. Better angle.

Your never going to get it open by pulling it down. You need to try and pull the zipper up, while pulling sideways on the piece thats stuck.

14. yeah, that shit's jammed in on the right there (your left).
    ..what you gotta do is "tease" it outta there, just work if out a bit at the top of the zip, then a bit at the bottom, until you get it clear. Then you'll be able to unzip it. GL

15. Burn the coat off of your body. Use fire to do it.

Honestly tho I dont know I think you're stuck dude.

16. damn, thats a pickle right there. listen to alpha, hes got the idea, you need to move that back piece of material out of the zipper mechanism. your best bet would be to get it at the top, right about where the zip is, and pull it away from the zip, while trying to zip it up a little further. its risky, but it works, its jsut a trick you have to get the hang of. i think we need a full body shot to properly asses the situation.

worse comes to worse, id maybe use scissors...

17. im finally free..!~!

18. :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

Congratulations!!!!

..now hit that bong! :bongin:

19. i never stopped lol, thats why it took so damn long!