ok heres the deal!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jake, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Planted 5-6 seeds in soil back in earley December, germinated the seeds in styrofoam cups, after a few weeks transplanted to larger pots (pots still fairly small). veg stage saw lights on 24 hours, (lights are 2, 23 watt cool light CFL bulbs, 1 Bio-grow flourescent 15 watt). late january plants transplanted to 8 inch deep pots, moved to grow box. few plants dies, a few males were removed, female plants were about 12 inches tall when they started budding ( lights reduced to 12/12). Watering was done when appropriate using "Plant prod 20-20-20 fertilizer" in the appropriate concentrations. I only did a little experimenting with pruning (which I should have done more of),
    so my Question is:

why are the plants so small should I have done more pruning?

the buds only look to be about 3 grams each. and only 2 big ones per plant, is this normal?

Should I clip the buds and clone the plants? if so how?

How can I speed up growing on the next bunch, is the lighting ok or should i get a HPS or MH?

Thanks guys, I know I'm a noob here but any help will be appriciated!
    -J.

2. topping slows the plant growth down, and to bush the plant out...

yes is normal, get some flowering fert.. any fert with the middle number higher is good for flowering.. yeild will be bigger...

dont clips the buds... u can take clones from the lower branches, or after 2 month of flowering, just take the big buds, and re-veg the plant by switching the lights back too 24/7...

HPS, will help the plant grow faster, and bushier.... MH even better for veg..... Is your choice....

3. Could also be the soil PH (if not between 6 and 7, ideally, no matter how much you fert, plants won't feed accordingly..) or lighting (don't know 'bout CFL, but I see you used a weak 15watt fluoro.. labeled "Bio Grow" :D... don't be fooled by the label, just get regular cool-white and warm-white fluorescents, use a combination of both, more cools(blue-ish spectrum) for veg stage, more warms(redish spectrum) for flowering)

4. What he Said........ Allthough look at the lumens on the package of fluros your going to buy. In the delux edition of the marijuanas growers guide. It says 1500 lumens is minnimum per square foot or plant for healthy growth. Take that into consideration.

I FELL FOR THE GRO-LIGHT TOO. TWICE. I BOUGHT A 20 WATT GRO-LIGHT (LUMENS NOT LISTED btw) and my plants stretched AND I WENT AND BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE. THEY WERE 7.00 A PIECE. AH 'CAVEAT EMPTOR'

STONER EDIT: HPS IS BEST FOR BUD MH IS BEST FOR VEG. I USE A 4 FLURO FIXTURE 26.99 48 INCHES LONG. AND WITH 2 COOL BLUES AND 2 WARM RED HOT IM PRODUCING 12,000 LUMENS FOR 6 SEEDLINGS. lIGHTS COST 10.00 APROX