Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ok guys, is this normal or do I need to go see a doctor?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SeattleGreen, May 26, 2012.

1. Ok just last week I went smoking with a few friends. This was my second time ever smoking weed. After taking a few hits, I felt this painful burning sensation in my lungs. And for the past few days, it seems like it's difficult to breath. I've never noticed my breathing before until now. Do you guys have any advice on what I should do or how I can get better?

Thanks

2. is it getting worse or getting better?

3. I can't tell. When I'm at school/work I don't notice it, but when im in my room it becomes apparent?

4. Chill son, everything is gonna be alright.

5. Since you don't notice unless you're by yourself, I think it might be psychological but you can never be sure. If you're truly concerned then yes, go see a doctor

6. Your good, i think it also because its allergy season. Ive been blazing for well over 3 years straight and im 8 weeks clean in 2 days, And ive been having those same weird pains... Its like hard for me to breathe, but when im busy it keeps my mind of my lungs and i dont notice it. But when im like at home sitting down, ill be gasping for breathe and every like third breathe im able to get that relaxing breathe of air, but the other breathes i struggle to breathe.
    Take allergy pills or something, i mainly think its all in your head.

7. Did you smoke a blunt?

8. Happened to me, too. Your lungs aren't used to the smoke. Will go away after a good week.

9. [quote name='"SeattleGreen"']Ok just last week I went smoking with a few friends. This was my second time ever smoking weed. After taking a few hits, I felt this painful burning sensation in my lungs. And for the past few days, it seems like it's difficult to breath. I've never noticed my breathing before until now. Do you guys have any advice on what I should do or how I can get better?

Thanks[/quote]

Maybe they shaved glass to add crystals

10. There are muscles in your chest called the intercostals that help you breath. I have pulled them or strained them or whatever before. It really hurt when I breathed for a couple of days but it went away after about a week. I didn't really do anything serious to cause it either. If you took a large breath you might have strained one of those. It seems unlikely that the cannabis would hurt your lungs but toking might. It should go away but if it were me and it happened again I would tell my doctor the next time I saw him unless you think it might be more serious. Difficulty in breathing is obviously very serious so if it doesn't get better soon, you might want to let your doctor know.

11. Virgin lungs, you'll be fine OP..

12. Yeah don't stress over this your lungs will soon tune to smoking weed.

13. Yeah I know that feeling I felt that also when I started. Its normal, by time it will go away :)

14. You have a weedplant growing in your lungs, and it sounds like some fire! When It erupts from your chest I want half of the harvest for exposing the truth.