Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

oil vs edible

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jackc, Dec 1, 2011.

1. now ive read badkitties thread on edibles and stuff and i asker her/him (no offense intended for not knowing your sex) why edibles you only need .5g of dank but for oil you need 1g why?

2. Where did you pull any of those numbers from? I don't understand what you are trying to ask. Edibles are made with canna/hash oil/butter. The amount you process into that oil doesn't change between sources. Just pick a high quality source like coconut oil or clarified butter, mix in how ever many doses you plan to get out of it, and just follow her coconut canna/hash oil recipes and place in your next batch of brownies.

Your dosing will vary, there is no set number to tell you. It's not that easy. There are many levels of strength to consider, trepenoid content of the bud you have, how well you process and if you keep temperatures under 220F so not to lose any cannaboids or trepenoids, your tolerance is also a factor.

A general guideline that dispensaries use is 0.35g/dose. However, for all the above reasons, that number could do anything from be completly overwhelming to doing nothing at all.

3. i read it from a thread in grasscity and the bloke said put 1 gram in a cupcake dish with olive oil poured over then cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes then cool down then swallow or some such, and with my experience of firecrackers i only needed .5g