Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oil Swing Arm Vapor dome Bong Attachment help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MastahRolla, Nov 29, 2011.

1. I just started smoking a lot of oils, and I got a swing arm vapor dome for my bong today.
    However when I take my hit, the oil spits and splatters when I touch the titanium hot plate.
    It appears that it should just burn/vaporize as you touch it, I can not find any videos of anyone elses splitting like mine was.
    Any ideas exp. oil smokers?

2. Sounds like you still got lots of solvent in the oil, if its butane oil you can either whip it for 15 min on a double boiler until it starts turning hard(videos on youtube making bho budder), or get a vacum purge setup which is the best option and aslo viewable on youtube. If its ISO oil you can vac purge or washing whole nugs for no more than 30 seconds produces great looking oil that turns to shatter if further purged in the oven to remove any trace amounts of alcohol left in the oil. i purge at 220F for about 10-15 minutes depending on batch size.