Oil Rigs?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BearThug, Oct 21, 2012.

1. #1 BearThug, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
    If an oil rig just comes with the traditional nail, would you be able to change it for a bowl for flowers?

2. Yes. You dab off a nail that fits into a male joint so you need a female to female adapter and obviously your bowl and you'll be good to go!

3. What do mean by that? Isn't there only one stem on a bong?

4. All oil rigs have a male joint like this. That's what you put your nail in and actually dab off of.

image-194826888.jpg

However if put a female to female adapter you can use it to smoke flowers. This is the same piece as the one above. I just have a female to female adapter over it.

image-1247044506.jpg

Then your bowl just goes on top of the female to female adapter.

image-3315974241.jpg

Most likely you'll get a rig with a 14 or 18 mm joint. In that case just make sure your female adapter fits the joint on your bong and whatever size slide you have.

5. [quote name='"Pizzaroll"']All oil rigs have a male joint like this. That's what you put your nail in and actually dab off of.

However if put a female to female adapter you can use it to smoke flowers. This is the same piece as the one above. I just have a female to female adapter over it.

Then your bowl just goes on top of the female to female adapter.

Most likely you'll get a rig with a 14 or 18 mm joint. In that case just make sure your female adapter fits the joint on your bong and whatever size slide you have.[/quote]

I hate Dabbin out of my fritted disc, loses flavor and clogs the little airways up pretty fast

6. Some oil rigs will make flowers dreadful. Recyclers, micro-travel rigs, etc.

7. You dont need an adapter. You can just get a female bowl.

8. Lol my bad I was really stoned. My Goldstein just needs an adapter cause 24mm joints are weird

9. Oh, wth. Lol. So I can just put a bowl there, and take out the nail?

10. Yeah. Look at A L T for female slides.

11. [quote name='"gtx1"']Some oil rigs will make flowers dreadful. Recyclers, micro-travel rigs, etc.[/quote]

Why ?

[quote name='"JuceTGC"']

I hate Dabbin out of my fritted disc, loses flavor and clogs the little airways up pretty fast[/quote]

Aww man I was looking forward to a gritted disc so what do you do when that happens

12. [quote name='"CaliBudE"']

Aww man I was looking forward to a gritted disc so what do you do when that happens[/quote]

Dont get me wrong the Goldstein is my daily driver. Flowers are amazing with it. But just a small ISO soak over the disc will unclog it very quick

13. your fritted disc should not clog with dabs. i go 2 weeks sometime without actually cleaning mine, just changing the water daily, and i have yet to have the disc clog. are you using warm water when you dab like your supposed too? using cold water will leave most of your dab coated on the inside of your piece after it turns back to a solid after passing through the water.
    my buddy dabs a gram to 2 grams a day out of his smaller DG fritted and his disc has never clogged either.

14. is that just a general rule? dab with warm water? cuz i missed that memo lol

15. If you have a piece with too much diffusion, like a dg, then yes. Would be real pain to have to put warm water in every time i dab..

16. You can if you just buy a female jointed slide.

17. Female slide FTW and that DG is 24mm????? Thats fuckin nuts man I didnt even know he made them that size!

18. Yeah the 18mm are made moreso for oil. The 24mm comes with a small fritted disc to put between the 24 to 18 adapter to keep stuff from getting in the main frit.