Oil Rig 'Accident'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buddy Dink, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Alright, I know it was an accident, but I put the word in 'quotes' because of some shady shit happening.

BP oil spill: leak found in rig weeks before blast - Telegraph

BP chief Tony Hayward sold shares weeks before oil spill - Telegraph

Oil spill hearings: BP man on Deepwater Horizon rig refuses to testify, says he will take the Fifth | NOLA.com

Goldman Sachs sold $250 million of BP stock before spill | Raw Story

I mean, I hate to be the one arguing about conspiracy, but I just don't have any faith left in our system and I think this is completely plausible. I don't know who would gain what out of this disaster, and that kind of motivation is generally key when talking about these kinds of conspiracies, so I really don't know.

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, or maybe something fishy has been going on...

2. #2 Jdahms, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    No way. There's no evidence that it was anything other than an accident.

A leak in one of the pods on the oil well doesn't mean they blew up their own well

Good quote from the Goldman Sachs article

And the one about Tony Hayward

3. That looks like insider trading to me. They probably knew the rig was a piece of shit and told a few key people.

However, Goldman shorted gulf oil a day before the spill, that's a little too close to believe.

4. Okay now that's a little fishy.

If this entire disaster comes down to jackass traders trying to make some money by shorting the damn oil companies I wont have any faith left in this country

5. You still have faith?

6. Ive been listening to enough Alex Jones over the course of this spill, but i'm not convinced that there's foul play involving prior knowledge of the rig blowing up

7. Yes I do.

8. To say this was an accident is a conspiracy in itself. This is just another part of the global agenda plan.

Laugh now but I assure you that if you arent prepared for whats about to happen to America you will die or worse case, become a slave. Stock up on arms and survival needs now before its too late.

9. The world is ending!

10. The world is not ending, our freedoms are. You might want to focus your efforts on getting a clue rather than hoping you fit in with the crowd. Might learn something about yourself.

11. When it first happened it was only like a week or two after Obama announced that he was going to allow exploration of wells off the east coast and i remembered when i heard about the explosion the first thing i thought was huh, thats a little weird that he just came out in support of oil exploration (meanwhile hes always been totally against drilling) and then this "accident" just convientally happens not too long after. Now obama has implemented a 6 month drilling moratorium (he said it was from the advice of experts which is a lie and those experts said so) and hes using this as a major boost for his clean energy agenda.

It also seems like he doesn't care how much worse it gets or else he would waive the Jones Act, like Bush did after Katrina, so the 13-15 other countries that have offered help to clean up the spill can come in and help us. But instead he continues to tell these countries no, meanwhile we've never dealt with something like this before and have no clue what we're doing.

So to be honest it does seem a little fishy and i'm never one for conspiracy theories, i usually actually laugh at conspiracy theories. But i just find it weird that theres never been an accident like this on oil rigs off of our shores and only a week after Obama comes out in support of oil exploration, we have the worst oil leak in our countries history on our hands and drilling is banned for the time being.

But i would honestly like to think and believe it wasn't on purpose and those people on the rig didn't lose there lives because of someones political agenda.

12. Get real. you know nothing about me.

13. Yea I mean I'm not necessarily saying they blew it up, themselves, but it definitely looks like it could have been prevented by following proper procedure and it wasn't.

Just looks too weird to me, but like I said, what do I know?

14. Yeah I follow. We'll know for sure what happened in the next few months, right now though there isn't much evidence to say it was anything other than an accident.

15. will we?

who will tell us "for sure" what happened?

16. Okay we will have a much better idea of what happened in the next few months. Is that better?

I don't think they will be able to keep the truth from people.

17. Truth is often more stranger than fiction my friend. Very few find it and the majority will refuse to believe it.

18. Not sure why you're telling me this.

19. Looks like he recently discovered Alex Jones or something. :smoking:

20. oh to be young[er] again...:smoking: