Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oil has been sitting for 2 months !!!!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by purplehazeguy, Nov 10, 2010.

1. I have a gram of bud in an ounce of conola oil. Its been sitting there and shaken daily.
    The last time I tried this recipie I heated the oil for 5 mins on a pan and then made eggs benidict. It didn't really get me high, and I had a bad stomach ache after :(.

What am I doing wrong ????
    I deffinately don't want the last 2 months of waiting to go to waste :mad::mad:

2. Cook the oil on low for 30 minutes, make sure it doesnt simmer. 5 minutes isnt enough to make the oil potent.

3. I was using the same amount of oil, only difference is that the weed was sitting in the oil for a month, and I just thought 5 mins of heat would just make it a little more potent.

4. to infuse the THC to the oil you have to heat the oil with the weed in it for about 10-15 minutes

5. use a thermometer if you have to, oil has higher temps and often looks colder than it is. Too hot and you will ruin any THC in there. I forgot the magic number, but you want it on real low.

6. Thank you both :D My birthday is coming up on the 29th , I would use these suggestions.
    But if I were to heat it up on low for 10 - 15 mins would I have to keep it in the fridge to cool or can I just store it in my pantry where it has been these two months, and add it to my recipe whenever ? :confused:

Thanks again, stay high ,
    Purple :D:smoke:

7. I can't help you but I fucking love eggs benedict

8. agreed, that sounds good right now.:smoking:

9. This is a bit odd, actually...

THC doesn't need the heat to work, heat only rapidly quickens the process of it. Think of how green dragon is made, people don't boil away the alcohol, they just let it sit for a long period of time and then drink the tincture.

When you say the eggs "didn't really" get you high, did you at least feel something? The conola oil might not have had enough fat to fully absorb all of the cannabinoids.

10. The canola ruined it...sorry. Has to be high sat fat to absorb the tch, cbd , etc.
    Canola oil only has 7% sat fat, as opposed to butter which is 84 %, or red palm kernal oil @ 86% and coconut oil, which has the highest of any oil @ 94%.

11. The cannabis needs heat to extract active ingredient into the oil, where your body can actually digest it more easily. Any THC-acid needs heat to decarboxylate, converting it into THC, thus potentiating your edible. Basically, you shouldve decarboxylated the bud first, then added to oil, fried till brown, then its ready.

The canola ruined it...sorry. Has to be high sat fat to absorb the tch, cbd , etc.
    Canola oil only has 7% sat fat, as opposed to butter which is 84 %, or red palm kernal oil @ 86% and coconut oil, which has the highest of any oil @ 94%.

While my favorite fat is saturated fat, and the healthiest fat on earth is saturated fat, any fat will absorb the cannabinoids. What you said is misinformed.

Why didnt it work? You didn't fry the bud.

12. No I just ground up to weed really powdery and added it to the oil, kept it in a dark place and shaken it daily. Should I just heat up the weed oil mixture I have right now for 15 mins on low in a pan? and then use it immediately?

To be honest Im just trying to see if this method works, Ive done it with canna-butter before :hello:
    but I just like the fact the oil doesn't have to be refrigerated. Think of the possibilities, its like seeing the face of God :smoke:.

Also thanks for the post people ! Stay HIGH,
    Purple :D;)

13. #14 Joeyfingas, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
    Just put your oil mixture u have right now in a double boiler or on the lowest setting you can. To have decarboxylation take place youll want to heat the oil/bud mixture for 15-30minutes anywere from 220-250 f. if the oil gets over 350 ur in the danger zone of destroying all that thc, because thc becomes a vapor at about 375 f.

Edit: Heating at this low temperature activates the other cannibonals without destroying the thc, http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2794.html - this is a link explaining it a little

14. Also after you heat it, if you have time id advise putting the oil/bud mixture into the freezer or fridge. This helps with potency in my opinion.

15. You're on the right page, but you have a couple things wrong.

Just put your oil mixture u have right now in a double boiler or on the lowest setting you can.

Do it on medium high, until the marijuana in the oil is brown. Eat the marijuana too, separately if you wish.

To have decarboxylation take place youll want to heat the oil/bud mixture for 15-30minutes anywere from 220-250 f.

Decarboxylation does not occur to all the THC-acid WHEN IT'S EXTRACTED INTO A LIPID! Why? because lipids are the best lubrication ever. Decarboxylate before you add the cannabis into an oil.

if the oil gets over 350 ur in the danger zone of destroying all that thc, because thc becomes a vapor at about 375 f.

In an oil the ingredients are lubricated and attached to the fat, also if you fry on medium high, where simmering and odor is present, you wont reach 375 degrees, even though you could and the cannabinoids would not be destroyed because of being submerged in an oil. Once your cannabis is fried BROWN through and through, you can be sure that it's been fully extracted.

Heating at this low temperature activates the other cannibonals without destroying the thc,

Nothing really activates anything in the extraction process. The only activating, is decarboxylating, which is actually done outside of the oil and converts THC-a into THC.

Also after you heat it, if you have time id advise putting the oil/bud mixture into the freezer or fridge. This helps with potency in my opinion.

This is unneeded.

16. #18 Ibogaine306, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
    ILU.
    Now, can you tell me why all of the information out there tells me otherwise? Not doubting you (I do the same thing to ibotenic acid to convert it into muscimol) but I was simply wondering why everyone wants me to use a low heat and be paranoid if we know the exact temperature at which THC evaporates? Are there side reactions that might occur, turning my nice THC into evil, possibly non-psychoactive compounds? And finally, can you tell me which temperature ( Medium-High still scares me) at which carboxylation occurs for THC?

EDIT: I read your posts, good stuff. I am wiser. + Rep for everything.

17. ugh I get so much wrong info on this place.

I was told before that my cannabutter was ruined because I didnt refrigerate it after cooking.

18. I don't understand why you've kept the bud in the oil for 2 months. Most recipes I've read just put the weed right before heating the oil.