Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oil for e-cig

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ECHOCARISMA, Apr 6, 2014.

1. First off hopefully this is the right place to post this thread.

Helllllerrrr blades!

Ok so I want to do a run of qwiso but I want it to be more a runny liquid so I can put it into one if those electric cigs that run on oil. I know that it's runny with ISO but it's gotta evap. Any tips or recipes ? And pics if you got any. I'm gonna do a run today by myself. (I usually watch someone or do with with a friend and the teqnique is always different. So I wanna kinda build my own off if my friends and others on the net so far.

Stoned
    😚💨🍁🍃🍂🕛🕧🕐🕜🕑🕝🕒🕞🕓🕟🕔🕠🕕🕖🕗🕘🕙🕚🕡🕢🕣🕤🕥🕦😎

2. Thanks Waldoe. I'm thinking of leaving it outside on my roof(easy access and outdoors) with a black bandana in the too of a baking glass with the extraction inside so the ISO evaps and there's no risk of over heating with the boiling and no explosions. But I'm skeptical about how hot it'll get. The high will be 70 today so I feel like it'll get hot enough to evap all day maybe a little tomorrow?

Stoned

3. #4 waldoe420, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    You might be able to do it like that. I wouldn't personally... I like to have a little  more control over final product. I usually just get a hotplate and a fan to do it outside. I've only done qwiso 8 or so times though so I am by no means an expert. 

4. Yea I feel yeah. I like the control too but I feel like maybe just trying it like this once to see the outcome just to see if it's any different. I know the time will be different but it's ok it's just a test with a small amount of bud. Like 2gs for a tester.

Stoned

5. Experiments are how shit happens right. Give it a try and post your results :)

6. Oh for sure. I'm still wanting it to be liquidly though

Stoned

7. Waldoe420 , isn't a tincture for oral consumption? I would use ever clear for that but not ISO. I thought tincture was basically green dragon. I'm trying to make it smokable for a vape pen but specifically liquid not a concentrate pen.

Stoned

8. #9 waldoe420, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    you can make tincture with alcohol(not iso) or vegetable glycerine. I believe that most liquid for e-cigs are glycerin based. Also depending on if your e-cig is designed for it, you can load you bho/qwiso right into the chamber in wax/oil form. But from the sounds of it, you do not have that option. 

9. So by using vegetable glycerin it'll make it liquidly ?

Stoned

10. Don't be putting vegetable glycerine in your qwiso. Lol you basically soak your bud/trim in the glycerin for a certain amount of time. You should be able to find a guide on GC or online. I really don't think you'll be able to get qwiso thin enough to stick in a standard e cig. You would have to leave in Iso which is not good.

11. Crap oh well and I went to grab the ISO my sister bought me and she got 70% and said. That it was the strongest she found.

Stoned

12. My pen uses just fully purged oil and propylene glycol...

13. Fully purged? Like vacuum?

Stoned

14. No, just fully purged.

15. Is PG bad for you? I don't smoke cigs and I think I read it being in the cartridge

Stoned

16. 70% is no good. 99% Sirsog, you mixed your oil with glycol? You mix it up or boil it or what? I wasn't sure it would dissolve the oil. If that's an option for echo's pen it sounds like less effort for sure.

17. It forms an emulsion, I stirred at a double boil.

I don't think its bad for you, dunno... its what they usually use in ecigs and pen cartridges

18. I used 70% to clean resin off my pipe. I stuck my spoon in a tub of sour cream ( empty of course) then I put the ISO and shook it then after 30secs rinsed my pipe and it literally was clear as day no resin brand new pipe. Would it not work for extract?

Stoned

19. Double boil? I'm sorry but I'm baked right now and I'm trying to process this? Is that boiling twice? Or is that a small pot in a bigger pot one has water?

Stoned