Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oil extraction and storage

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Gitindizzi, Mar 2, 2013.

1. A friend told me that storing oil in plastic will absorb THC. I am using a food-safe.jar made of pete plastic. Its been storing the oil for a few days. Should I remove the oil asap?

Thank you, City

-Diz

2. Sounds like an urban myth, but I don't know for sure either way.

WTF is "pete" plastic?

3. There is no way that the plastic absorbs thc from the oils. If anything, the plastic may leach chemicals into your oil but that's unlikely since it's food grade. Another thing is that your oil is going to stick to the plastic so you'll probably ended up losing a little bit. Next time, line your plastic container with parchment paper and you're good to go!

4. Or just use glass and not worry...

5. Idk, I called One a Day, and thats what they told me it was, full recyclable "pet", or "pete" plastic.

True, oh . I hope I dont lose too much

I probably will next time.