Oil diffuser in grow room

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by Msully, Jan 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hi, I'm wondering if its safe to put an oil diffuser in a grow room and if so, should i keep it inside or outside the tent. I'm doing this for smelling purposes and also to kill bacteria, chances of bugs, clean air..etc Would also like to know what specific oils would be the best. I can use this diffuser as a humidifier alone without the oils if i need to.

2. I asked myself those exact questions this morning. I'm currently using a bathroom diffuser to raise my humidity. I'm also wondering if it's okay to diffuse the oils that keep away pests (lemon, peppermint, rosemary, etc.). Also not sure if I should just diffuse the whole room or just the tent? It seems like such a new practice, it's difficult to find any info on this subject.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. I've done it. I used the oils normally talked about as pest management. Not neem though. Idk if it killed any bugs but it didn't kill the plants!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I feel like the essential oil vapor would stick to ur plant matter and leave you with a nasty chemical/oil taste if you used it a lot.

5. That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I wonder if I dilute it enough and diffuse outside the tent if that would still work as pest repellent and not harm the crop.. If this wasn't my first try, I'd experiment a little.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. I used 5-10 drops. Didn't seem to hurt anything.