ohio student suspended for not walking out

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by kush70, Mar 17, 2018.

1. He didn’t get suspended for a day because he refused a walk-out. He got suspended because the classroom was having a walk-out and it’s the schools responsibility to supervise the child, they offered an alternative; study-hall but instead the student refused and thus he had to leave. You can’t stay alone in a classroom if it’s the school’s responsibility to supervise the child.

Did you read it? I understand if you didn’t. It was quite a long read.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

2. I read it. Did you? Doesn’t mean I agree.
    The school systems today are a complete joke I almost feel sorry for kids going....
    Oh well, it’s just one more corrupted institution no suprise

3. It's true the school has the responsibility to supervise the kiddies and I guess it's understandable when one gets punished for going somewhere there was no supervision. Did the school supervise the kids that walked out? Who do you suppose was safer, the student sitting alone in the classroom or the students who walked out to attend a protest?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. We have 2 small schools systems in our town. The school my kids go to held a walk out that ended at the football field where they had a moment of silence followed by a remembrance ceremony. Then back to class. It was held and sanctioned by the school.

The other school system did nothing. Each student that left received 2 detentions. They were warned prior to the event. They weren't leaving in remembrance of the lives lost, they were leaving so they didn't have to be at school. 17 students left, most of them not being what I'll call responsible students. Mainly trouble causers and kids who ditch school anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Unsupervised...what counts as supervision? They aren’t being watched in the bathrooms, maybe one or two teachers in cafeteria when I went to high school, yet alone a bus, kids at school are not supervised all the time, how else do fights, sexual assaults, and drug deals happen in school?

I for one absolutely hate all this anti-gun ignorance, I believe we can’t solve the shooting issue with just locked doors and checkpoints (defensive) we need swift ARMED response (offensive) in the building, not a pathetic excuse like we can have cops here in 2 minutes, we need MULTIPLE gun proficient armed personnel in each school cop or otherwise.

Ok my bitching is complete, and with all that said it is their absolute right to say and protest however they want, they just have to be prepared for the consequences.

Best thing I can say to anti-gun people is what a smart man once told me “I don’t believe in what you say, but I’ll fight to the death for your right to say it”.

• Like Like x 2