Ohio Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by TheRealGOM, Apr 12, 2012.

1. #101 hillbilly420, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Posted on OMCA’s face book page was they took in $8649.00 in donations and spent $7512.oo on expenses. What expenses did they have. They never did anything except go to all the big pot parties on the West coast. I would say that is where the money went. Nothing like donating your money so someone else can party. Then they wonder why a bank don’t want anything to do with them.

Let us all not forget the picture of Theresa proclaiming to be a god and a rock star. You can bet she is still in there waiting for those donations to come in and head West.

We really do need to get something done in Ohio, but Omca has painted a tainted picture and poisoned the water. The wording is sure to make life hell for any real patient in Ohio and someone getting super rich off it.

Welkom bij Facebook - Meld je aan, registreer je of ontdek meer

2. printing those petition pamphlets to send out to everybody that wants one must be pretty gosh darn expensive.....:rolleyes:

i really wish they will just go away. they need to recognize that they blew it, time to sit down and let someone have the spotlight (someone that actually wants to get this DONE.)

3. I talked to someone that is close to the other major group and they said they wont do anything till OMCA steps aside. People have got the groups mixed up and people think they are the same and can't get any real support either. They might have to change thier name so they don't sound like the same group. OMCA-OCMC...I see how people have it confussed. Anyway you look at it, unless things change, Hio don't stand a chance.

4. Still looks like OMCA is pulling peoples chains. Anyone know of anything new happening?

5. Tonya has done more then anyone or group has in Ohio. She still fights on even after OMCA shoved her under a bus. Everyone in Ohio needs to follow her lead and write your Representative a letter. She is the true leader of Ohio!

6. are there any updates as of now and what is to come for the future of ohio

7. OMCA messed Ohio up so bad that there isn't anything any one can do. They are still spreading bullshit, but not to many people are interested There will be a new House Bill out after the first of the year. Ohio's best bet would be to push your Rep. hard to get it run thru.

8. Well OMCA is back at it again with the same song and dance. New websites taking about signing petitions and collecting donations. Same group of ASSCLOWNS, just a different storefront. Wished this group would just go away. But hey, they need the donations to go out west to sell this to the people of Ohio!!
    https://www.facebook.com/ohiorightsgroup
    https://www.ohiorights.org/

9. I see the new OMCA group is begging for donations on thier website. Must be a big Pot Party coming up they want to go to. Thier new wording is really bad for every person in Ohio. Except the ones that will make millions off of it.

10. Those assclowns just need to go away!!

11. Even with OMCA changing thier name ORG, it seems they are still the same old same old. They have been collecting signature for almost a month and can't get the first 1000 to turn into the AG. No way in hell will they ever get the 500,000 signatures by July to get their junk wording on the ballot this year. Guess this is what happens when you hire potheads from out west to right your wording for you. ORG....PLEASE GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

12. what a shit state

13. Don't blame the state, blame the people that stopped the movement from going forward. I agree that OMCA/ORG needs to go. They will never get enough support with their messed up wording for it to pass in Ohio. Just make sure you don't donate any money to them. They spend it all on trips to the West coast and leave the people of Ohio at home!

14. Not that they will read it, i sent OMCA a cute little letter today.

15. I'm going to be that guy and say "I'd like to see the OMCA passed." I personally would like to start a commercial operation and since I'm under 21 and there's already an established market in Colorado, it's not really an option. My family owns farm land in Ohio which isn't being used anymore and I'm a broke college student with about 8 years left of school so it's really my only option in the near future. I mean, federal legalization can't be more then 8 years off. The commercial production they would supposedly allow under the OMCA would give Ohio an economic edge when it's treated like alcohol federally. Yes corporations might end up screwing over the people and getting rich, but more than likely it'll be produced by ambitious people like myself. Prices should be dirt cheap when you don't have plant limits. Personally if I'm only allowed to grow 12 plants, I'm charging at least 4k a pound. Rant over.

Got that out of my system, can't hurt to dream.

Anyways, I don't see why people are hating on the wording of the OMCA. On the other hand, they seem like a financial mess. Has anyone heard recent news about them? I'd love to see them pull their heads out of their asses and get something passed. From what I've been reading the house bills are a long shot and the OMCA couldn't get signatures if their lives depended on it.

I'm either spending my time this summer volunteering for wolf-pac or gathering signatures for medical cannabis. Right now the former looks to be the better use of my time.

Wolf-pac.com help get money out of politics by persuading your state representatives to call for a constitutional convention. Sorry, had to plug the cause. I'll go away now.

16. #118 noob_wannaB, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    As a severe chronic pain sufferer and well past middle age Ohio grower (personal use only) I'd love to see ANYTHING pass. My husband puts up with my grow, but he sure isn't comfortable with it, and neither one of us wants to spend our 'golden years' in prison.

Having said that, the OMCA got such a bad rep they changed their name :rolleyes: and since I signed up for their newsletter I get emails (soliciting funds mostly) from them ALL the time. They call themselves the 'Ohio RIghts Group' now, and are popping up in media throughout the state. Here's a recent article from the Toledo Blade
    http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2013/05/27/Ohio-backers-optimistic-on-medical-marijuana.html

They seem to have a new PR person or something because they come across as much more credible now, but I'm pretty sure it's the same folks behind it so who knows ???
    http://ohiorights.org/ <-----their website

17. Thanks for the links. I just checked my email, which I rarely do, and I see what you mean about soliciting funds. I agree, anything at this point would be better than nothing. A lot of people in my family use marijuana for medical reason and there's no point in putting good people in trouble with law enforcement. It's seems like such a no-brainier at this point, but money speaks louder than the truth and big pharma has a lot of it. I'm going to do some digging and I'll post whatever I can find. I wonder if the trips last year were to get some outside funding with the whole commercial aspects of their amendment?

Anyways stay safe, at least Ohio has an affirmative defense for personal cultivation.

18. #120 OhioStateBuckeyes, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    i think i remember somewhere in the OMCA language that a "caregiver must live within 5 miles of patient."

fuck that. i'de rather keep it illegal in this state than to have that.....sorry all whom are for legalization no matter what because of a medical condition, but IMO i would much rather have it illegal than to have to comply with that garbage. TBH i probably wouldnt even go legal if that was the case.

killraven, since you are living on a farm (farther than 5 miles away from major cities im assuming) and you would like to become a wholesaler, you would not want OMCA or ORG to pass anything.